Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #1

Interlock help (video)

Ok first let me caveat this post by saying my electrical knowledge is limited and I maybe overlooking something. I have read other post that cover the same topic, but still cannot seem to figure this out. The bus is a 98 Thomas Vista 3600 special needs bus. Please let me know if you need any further clarification on the video/situation. Any help/insight is much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/0403HcInsOM

cgbils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbils View Post
Ok first let me caveat this post by saying my electrical knowledge is limited and I maybe overlooking something. I have read other post that cover the same topic, but still cannot seem to figure this out. The bus is a 98 Thomas Vista 3600 special needs bus. Please let me know if you need any further clarification on the video/situation. Any help/insight is much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/0403HcInsOM
Ok I didn't watch the stones. Are you having problems or wanting to bypass for component removal? I can tell you this. Interlocks are used to disable the bus so it wont start up if the wheelchair, emergency doors or any other safety device is not in it's proper upright and locked position.
Some disable the fuel so it won't run- less of them disable the starter so it won't even turn over.
If you're going to disable them:
1) determine the operating position of each switch.
2) everything that is unpowered in that position can be disconnected.
3) anything that is powered must be disconnected and reconnected to the wire or wires that it powers. You determine this by testing for what becomes unpowered when you disconnect it.

Once you do that you can remove the device that triggers the interlock.

There's also 2 that are on the vehicle itself :
1) neutral safety switch: disables cranking in any range except neutral and park.
2) gearshift lock: won't allow you to move column shift out of park unless your foot is on the brake. On some GM cars the brake pedal switches go bad causing this. The Ford's you can turn off key and it will release the lock.
golfersmurf57 is offline   Reply With Quote