Old 05-31-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: Thomas Built Mini, Microbird
Engine: 6.6 Diesel
Rated Cap: 17 pass
LOW EMF for solar bus

has anyone done a solar installation with low emf considerations? if so, i'd love to know your thoughts and methods.

you can spare me the usual tin-foil-hat-government-conspiracy-alien-invasion comments. i've already heard them all, but if you just can't resist, go ahead.

moving on... i'm using isolated ground MC wiring for the AC side and running the DC in metal conduit which all needs to be grounded separately. "earth grounded". how would you (someone with electrical savvy) perform these multiple grounds on the bus?

any recommendations, thoughts, insights, would be very much appreciated! thank you in advance.
KerryBeth1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Rated Cap: 50k
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryBeth1985 View Post
has anyone done a solar installation with low emf considerations?
Probably a response to ignore...

I don't know enough about EMF to know what I created in my coach and really have no response of any value. However; I do wonder how you affordably measure EMF (short of hiring someone with a spectrum analyzer) to measure your changes or detect if you've hit a "problem" point??
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
So no induction cooktop for you, huh?

This is a subject I've tried to research previously but there just isn't much information available. Then there are these induction cooktops and other appliances that seem to openly emit EMF.

EMF has been a topic here in the past but there's simply not enough information available. Induction cooktops and microwave cooking are popular because they reportedly save energy.

In your case it seems trying to shield the low power solar wiring as well as the batteries would be next to impossible.

Obviously our government thinks everything is fine with EMF radiation, while other governments take precautions. So, the question is what do you know about EMF?
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryBeth1985 View Post
has anyone done a solar installation with low emf considerations? if so, i'd love to know your thoughts and methods.

you can spare me the usual tin-foil-hat-government-conspiracy-alien-invasion comments. i've already heard them all, but if you just can't resist, go ahead.

moving on... i'm using isolated ground MC wiring for the AC side and running the DC in metal conduit which all needs to be grounded separately. "earth grounded". how would you (someone with electrical savvy) perform these multiple grounds on the bus?

any recommendations, thoughts, insights, would be very much appreciated! thank you in advance.
Are you trying to shield yourself from detection? Or from an emf threat? Because those topics appear interesting.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Dead pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:16 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Those discussions have been on here before, including how to turn your bus into a fairaday cage.

We seem to have a shortage of physicists on this site.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:53 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Biologic effects shown hundreds of times over from ELF EMF’s

1. Altered chronobiology leading to stress response
  2. CNS direct effects showing slowing of molecular actions and reaction speeds.
  3. Poor short term memory, headaches, and altered sleep
  4. Poor exploration of the local environment, motivation waning
  5. Altered EEG readings consistent with a general anesthesia pattern
  6. Permeable BBB and gut, with increased glucose metabolism
  7. Increase in tumorgenesis due to fragility of RNA and DNA directly
  8. Russians repeated showed low dose microwaves directly caused hypothalamic damage.
  9. Increase excitability at neuronal synapses
  10. Microwaves disrupt electron chain transport in mitochondria of rat brain. (Duke University)
  11. Pulsed EMF’s at lower frequencies directly inhibit firing rates of neurons (UCLA)
  12. Depression and suicide rate correlating with EMF power lines above and below ground (magnetic fields avg 22% higher suicide rates)
  13. Raised RBC’s WBC’s, Platelets, Hemoglobin, and HCT
  14. Leptin resistance and altered hormone panels. Sex steroids, Vitamin D, melatonin, IGF and PRL levels altered.
  15. Immune disruption leading to over active, under active, and autoimmune conditions.
So I ask you once again, watch the video after the first four EMF blogs and tell me are we really wrong; and is CTIA really correct?

What EMF level is considered safe? - Exposure level guidelines
Michael R

Ok, I think my synaptic responses are slowing down. Probably my wifi.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:05 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Biologic effects shown hundreds of times over from ELF EMF’s
...snip...
Ok, I think my synaptic responses are slowing down. Probably my wifi.
Pure BS. There is NO evidence for any of this. There is plenty of evidence that environmental levels of electric and magnetic fields are completely attenuated by skin, with no skin damage whatsoever. Have any idea how intense the fields are in an MRI, an X-RAY or a microwave oven?

The folks that come up with this are in it for their egos or money.

Stop worrying about this and start living.
DWJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

eh, i'm good with regular ole voltage meters or a simple AM radio to detect disturbances. i don't need a Gauss Meter or the like.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
Skoolie

Damn. Woo in skoolie. What next? Chemtrails?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Dead pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

*facepalm* i am simply uninterested in an on-line debate about whether or not EMF is a health issue or not, conspiracy theories, or the like. it's sad when threads degrade to this sort of thing and ultimately a waste of valuable time and energy turning an electrical question into a drama fest, in which i have zero interest.

no, i am not trying to shield myself. yes, EMF (under certain conditions) pose a health risk.

the big risk with solar is the inverter. it, like the induction range, produces large amounts of EMF when it changes DC to AC by chopping up the clean wave. i wish to keep large amounts of EMF from the interior of my very tiny living space. my original question was about grounding conduits and therefore creating a system with multiple grounds.

if we could stick to that, that would be great. but, if not, no worries. answers will come.

Tags
electrical, electrical grounding, low emf, solar