Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Solar system design help needed - willing to pay the right person

My skoolie conversion is in full swing and I'm ready to get started on solar. I've been reading and learning a ton, so I have a general idea of what is needed but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I could hire someone with experience to design a system for me.

Although it's been 15 years and I've lost most of the technical knowledge, I did some commercial electrical work in the past so I'm confident I can do the install if I have someone knowledgable to point me in the right direction.

Is anyone here up to the task or have a recommendation? Looking for an individual; I'd like to steer clear of solar companies or anyone with a vested interest in selling me more equipment than I need. I just need to be able to consult via phone and email.

Many thanks!

phirewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by phirewall View Post
My skoolie conversion is in full swing and I'm ready to get started on solar. I've been reading and learning a ton, so I have a general idea of what is needed but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I could hire someone with experience to design a system for me.

Although it's been 15 years and I've lost most of the technical knowledge, I did some commercial electrical work in the past so I'm confident I can do the install if I have someone knowledgable to point me in the right direction.

Is anyone here up to the task or have a recommendation? Looking for an individual; I'd like to steer clear of solar companies or anyone with a vested interest in selling me more equipment than I need. I just need to be able to consult via phone and email.

Many thanks!
Hi,

I've done several solar installations in tiny homes and skoolies. I have a degree in mechanical engineering (which included a lot of electrical stuff). I also own a very small company that does everything from full vehicle conversions to designing solar systems =)

I'd be happy to chat with you and see if I can help. Here's my contact info: https://www.thunderstruck-studios.com/contact/

Luke

https://www.thunderstruck-studios.com/
ThunderstruckStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks. I think I have it covered now, but if I run into issues I will keep you in mind.
phirewall is offline   Reply With Quote