Old 01-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Vandalism and jacked electrical panel

Well, my bus was vandalized over new year's eve, several busted out windows and ramshackling of the interior. The biggest hit was to the electrical panel on the outside though. The hooligans removed several relays and fuses and now I do not know what is supposed to go where. The bus is a 2002 Thomas and I found several fuses laying in the grass several yards away. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to piece it all back together from the diagram but I can't even get dash lights to come back on. I know there are several spares in the system but am really at a loss as to what is required to get it to fire up and be drivable. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and some specifics as to what goes where or maybe even a picture of the completed set up would be of great value! Thanks in advance for any help I can get. JT
jthntrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthntrmn View Post
Well, my bus was vandalized over new year's eve, several busted out windows and ramshackling of the interior. The biggest hit was to the electrical panel on the outside though. The hooligans removed several relays and fuses and now I do not know what is supposed to go where. The bus is a 2002 Thomas and I found several fuses laying in the grass several yards away. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to piece it all back together from the diagram but I can't even get dash lights to come back on. I know there are several spares in the system but am really at a loss as to what is required to get it to fire up and be drivable. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and some specifics as to what goes where or maybe even a picture of the completed set up would be of great value! Thanks in advance for any help I can get. JT

Vandals and thieves can kiss my ass!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 92
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 5.9L
Rated Cap: 77
can you post a picture of your panel and the diagram you have with it? i'll see if theres anything i can do. i hate to hear of this situation.
BurlKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:41 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
You should be able to get a hold of Thomas and get a wiring diagram. If you don't understand the print, see if you can find someone who understands schematics. Electricians will understand it but automotive wiring is a totally different animal. Remember, electricians are just "plumbers with their brains blown out"
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
And yet another reason we should be cutting off thieves hands in this country... sorry to hear about the vandalism, any chance the thieves were caught on security footage or anything?
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
Vandals and thieves can kiss my ass!!!
There is a special place in Hell for Jackers!

Cause you personal pain and financial loss for what????

I have seen Thomas wiring diagrams posted somewhere. I don't recall exactly where but I will see if I may have it in my browser history. If not maybe someone else here has seen it?

I wish you a quick and complete recovery.

S.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

No there isn't any video footage. I live in a small college town and my bus is parked on my property right next to a public park and a basketball court. There are people hanging out there all hours of the day and night. We are in the process of moving and then this happened. What are the odds? It's just frustrating!
Old 01-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Here is a pic of how it looks now. I don't know what is missing or what needs to go where.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Quote:
Here is a pic of how it looks now. I don't know what is missing or what needs to go where.
Hopefully they weren't complete degenerates and didn't move fuses around on you. I'm assuming a couple of drunk frat bros wouldn't scheme that much.
I don't know if it helps but I have a pile of windows from my Carpenter bus in NY. They are all functional. You can have them for the cost of shipping but I doubt they're exact fits...
Old 01-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
And if you catch one of the little bastards and hurt them....
You're in trouble!

It all started with Participation Trophies, I tell ya!