Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Almost There

DIY combination potty/shower?

I found this:
RV Camper Trailer Marine LH Bathroom Bath Tub Shower Pan Base Bottom
$109 delivered (Its a mini tub)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Camper-Trail ... 5894f77fd4

Can I just have a plumber install a mini toilet on the left of the drain? (Opposite of drain)

Or is thier some combo unit I can get CHEAP?

Jaybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: DIY combination potty/shower?

if both your black and grey water are in one tank, you can just put the toilet going to the large 3 inch line going to the tank with the 1 1/2 in shower, etc grey water lines in the 3 x 1/12 tee under the toilet.
otherwise if you have separate grey and black water tanks, you can put the toilet anywhere it will make a pretty straight run to the black tank.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: DIY combination potty/shower?

If you are talking about putting the toilet INSIDE the tub.. Count on spending time and $$ to replace the metal spring and possibly the whole metal mechanism that works the blade valve. You can buy a whole new toilet for only slightly more. I know the price because we had to rework our toilet in the all-n-one shower of the Class C. We ended up cannibalizing a used toilet we picked up cheap. Yet another reason why I don't like all-n-one showers. BTW, the toilet was a Thetford.

Why don't you simply build a platform for the toilet and "tub" in front of the toilet area. Fiberglass the whole thing (with a flange the goes up the wall a few inches) then panel the interior walls with tile board or FRP?.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote