Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Freshwater systems

I'm in the brain fart stage of my conversion right now so nobody kick up there legs and cackle at the posts I do.

First- what kind of shore water fitting will I need to fill the tank ?
Second - I will be running water pump off the coach dc system. Any recommendations regarding type?
Third I'd like to bring my shore water in below the water pump and check it off so it doesn't spin the pump backwards and overflow the water tank. I'm thinking a tee in the inlet line with a check valve for tank fill versus shore and also to check off pumped water against fill receptacle and a third to check off shore water from the pump. Does this sound like enough or am I missing something? I will be filtering the water before it enters any components.
Fourth - is there a reliable float valve for tank fill?

Ok you can stop cackling and shoot me some recommendations!
Thanks guys.

golfersmurf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:56 PM   #2
Almost There

1) If you just want to fill the tank with a garden hose, 5 gallon jug, etc, a simple gravity fill will do.
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Whit.../dp/B0735LHQBD

2) Shurflo sells a lot of RV pumps. They've been around for a while, get generally good feedback, and you can actually have a useful conversation with their customer service people. Get one with a higher max flow rate (GPM) than you think. The worst that happens is you get better water pressure. Just don't overpressurize your plumbing with some crazy 150 psi RV pump.

3) Not totally clear on what you want for functionality. Do you want the option to be able to use pressurized RV-type water hookups? If so, definitely think through the check valves. Most auto on-off pumps (common for RVs) have a check valve built in at the outlet. Make sure your pump can self-prime if your water supply is below the pump. Otherwise you can run it dry and/or have cavitation...either way, the pump will destroy itself shortly.

4) Haven't found a good one yet. If you find one let me know!

https://www.thunderstruck-studios.com/
ThunderstruckStudios is offline   Reply With Quote