Old 01-30-2016, 11:38 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf View Post
i seriously considered this

TecmaŽ Silence Standard | Products | Thetford

porcelain, macerater and bidet

bidet is one of my "must have" item. can't live without water, can't live without cleaning my rear end with fresh cool water.
kwang_yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:00 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78

The ultimate in toilets. IDK about mobile use, but cool nonetheless.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

We went with a 5 gallon bucket hidden within a nice wooden frame with a full size toilet seat. In the bucket you place a heavy duty garbage bag (black preferably) and some good quality cat litter or composting material. Then after you fill it up, remove the bag, twist tie it shut and dispose of it in a dumpster or bury it in a discreet location....simple and cheap..no water pipes, black water tanks or disposal tubes....
scoolbus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoolbus1 View Post
We went with a 5 gallon bucket hidden within a nice wooden frame with a full size toilet seat. In the bucket you place a heavy duty garbage bag (black preferably) and some good quality cat litter or composting material. Then after you fill it up, remove the bag, twist tie it shut and dispose of it in a dumpster or bury it in a discreet location....simple and cheap..no water pipes, black water tanks or disposal tubes....
got myself a ultra-cheap folding toilet, so compact and light must be weighting less than an ounce. The idea is to place a disposal bag (trash bag) after unfolding metal structure and dump, then discard the bag

Walmart sells new one for less than $10, but then I bought used for something like $3. This may come useful once in a while, if toilet breaks down, but sure don't need be smelling like a Greyhound bus. Money is not an issue, but the healthy living environment matters.

If I'm going to spend money to make my own, I may as well give my best effort, and truly make world's best toilet system in terms of sanitary and usefulness. Otherwise, I waste no effort, and buy undesirable toilet everyone seems to accept and make bus smelling like a greyhound bus.

One of the most difficult thing human can do is too look for different paradigm as we all been trained to accept. It doesn't have to be that way.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #15
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Yea, we're all pretty dumb here.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4skool View Post
Yea, we're all pretty dumb here.
I think it's extremely unpleasing to read post of such sarcasm. There is no such thing as dumb people, some people have more exposure to different things, and I can't speak for you, but I'm here to learn and understand how it's doable, turning school bus into a living space.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #17
Bus Nut

When you say things like this to me: "I think your head is pretty messed up, calling name.
I hear that human waste has all kinds of virus, and wondering if your brain hasn't been affect already.
You know doctors, especially those specialize in defective head, are everywhere in the US, why not take an advantage of it?"

How am I ever going to take anything you say seriously?
Old 02-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

my sincere apology to you. maybe I need to see the doctor.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #19
Bus Nut

Accepted, now let's get that bus and get to converting!!
Old 02-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #20
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
As always...what is "right" or "best" is wholly dependent upon the mission objective. As a case in point, Dredman is here at my studios in Houston in his Blue Bird. His mission was simple. Get out and on the road and tour America (for three years) as quickly as possible. That meant find a really solid unit and do the minimum to make it habitable for his purposes. And he has pulled it off in spades. Nothing too exotic, technical or fancy but extremely functional given his mission. He has excellent communications, a small bath & kitchen area, a queen sized bed, heating & cooling, water and places for his dog & motorcycle. And as an added bonus, he has discovered that his 2-panel solar system keeps his dorm fridge going pretty much around the clock.

Mission accomplished and very cool to my simple mind.

Could it have been done differently? Of course. Anyone with different expectations would have (hopefully) built to THEIR expectations which would have yielded a totally different design and product.

But "better"?...well...that's a whole different discussion.

Ride on Dred!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote