Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Amtrans
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 20 (9 window handicap)
Outdoor showers

Hey all,

Just thought I would get some input. I know that outdoor showers are popular on RV trailers and skoolie conversions, but the pressing question I have is where can you get away with using one? I'm guessing even with a great shower curtain set up, the local walmart will not appreciate an outdoor shower

But more seriously, if you are seriously out in the middle of nowhere, seems like a great idea to have an outdoor shower. But do you have to drag along an old pallet or something to stand on so you are not showering in a mud after the first minute? Just curious how that aspect worked, or how you rigged a shower curtain so that you didn't get put on the sex offenders list if you got a bit of stronger breeze than you were expecting while showering.

Tigerman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Yeah, the neighbors said they'd call the cops. It worked well for a while though.

I've always wondered about those outdoor showers and where they drain. And yeah, when is the wind not blowing? The only solution I cam up with was using one of the outhouse tents placed on top of a pallet.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:32 PM   #3
Almost There

I think this depends a lot on where you will be skoolie-ing. If you're all about boondocking out in the forest, you'll probably be able to get away with a lot more than if you're trying to stealth camp in the city.

It's also a temperature thing (or would be for me)! Outdoor showers become a lot less practical when it's cold out.

For me, the 2.5' x 2.5' space required for a small indoor shower just isn't that big of a sacrifice to be able to shower in the privacy and warmth of your home.

https://www.thunderstruck-studios.com/
ThunderstruckStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #4
Skoolie

I have been using a privy tent, for years. Make sure you set it up so that water drains down away from it and mud isn't a concern.

However, given that you are doing a skoolie. Set up a shower in the bus. LOTS of ways to do this...
dbhost is offline   Reply With Quote