Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #31
Mini-Skoolie
 
trentet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: high desert, California
Posts: 59
Year: 1992
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: INternational DTA 360
I've had mine for about 7 years or so and used it in an easy up tent when I camped.. It's been amazing! I've had it running nearly 45 min nearly non stop and 5 campers were able to get a flawless hot shower in that time. I only recently installed it in my bus.



__________________
"Beer speaks people mumble" (lagunitas beer bottle)
trentet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #32
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 4,693
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentet View Post
I've had mine for about 7 years or so and used it in an easy up tent when I camped.. It's been amazing! I've had it running nearly 45 min nearly non stop and 5 campers were able to get a flawless hot shower in that time. I only recently installed it in my bus.



I'm afraid if I stick to my 20 minutes showers I will deplete the whole fresh water tank. How big is yours that can supply water for 45 minutes?
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #33
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 1,498
Year: 2000
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: ISC 8.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
One of the main determinates for getting hot water is distance from heater to outlet.
Pipe diameter and material play a big role too. The pipe itself will draw heat out of the water until the pipe has warmed to the water temperature; a plastic tube like PEX will draw less than a metal like copper.

An easy way to compare the time effect of pipe diameter is to look at the "volume per 100 feet" figure. For PEX tube it's 0.5 gallons in 3/8, 0.92 in 1/2, and 1.83 in 3/4 inch. For any given length of PEX tube, it'll take about twice as long for the hot water to arrive through 1/2" as compared to 3/8", and 3.5x for 3/4" as compared to 3/8". Unfortunately, allowable pressure drop and flow requirements often make the larger sizes necessary.
family wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:52 PM   #34
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Merritt, BC, Canada
Posts: 3
Year: 2008
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: bluebird mini
Engine: duramax diesel
Rated Cap: 12 pass. , two wheelchair
tankless water heater questions....

hello there! I was wondering if anyone who has installed a tankless water heater in their bus conversion is concerned whether or not the unit is certified or approved. For example, in Canada, any hot water heater that is installed for residential or commercial use has to be CSA (canadian standards association), or CGA (candian gas association) for any gas appliances.

In Canada, or BC specifically, do we have to have the bus propane system inspected after the conversion is complete in order to get RV status for isurance?

Has anyone found andinstalled a CSA or CGA certified tankless propane water heater?

If the the bus has solar/inverter, has anyone installed a propane tankless water heater that requires 110v power from the inverter to fire up the igniter? The battery operated igniter would be ideal, but i cant find a heater that is CSA approved AND has a battery powered igniter. help?

thanks in advance!
scoolienewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #35
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 4,693
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoolienewbie View Post
hello there! I was wondering if anyone who has installed a tankless water heater in their bus conversion is concerned whether or not the unit is certified or approved. For example, in Canada, any hot water heater that is installed for residential or commercial use has to be CSA (canadian standards association), or CGA (candian gas association) for any gas appliances.

In Canada, or BC specifically, do we have to have the bus propane system inspected after the conversion is complete in order to get RV status for isurance?

Has anyone found andinstalled a CSA or CGA certified tankless propane water heater?

If the the bus has solar/inverter, has anyone installed a propane tankless water heater that requires 110v power from the inverter to fire up the igniter? The battery operated igniter would be ideal, but i cant find a heater that is CSA approved AND has a battery powered igniter. help?

thanks in advance!
Quick search for CSA or CGA certified tankless water heaters brought up a bunch. Home Depot has some:
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing...vZc1u0Z1z0v3fg

My Eccotemp L10 is certified for Canada.
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #36
Mini-Skoolie
 
trentet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: high desert, California
Posts: 59
Year: 1992
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: INternational DTA 360
I didn't worry about certification so much as what I had experience with camping..
__________________
"Beer speaks people mumble" (lagunitas beer bottle)
trentet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #37
Mini-Skoolie
 
trentet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: high desert, California
Posts: 59
Year: 1992
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: INternational DTA 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'm afraid if I stick to my 20 minutes showers I will deplete the whole fresh water tank. How big is yours that can supply water for 45 minutes?

I was hooked up to city water at the time.. I only have 55 gallons of fresh on board
__________________
"Beer speaks people mumble" (lagunitas beer bottle)
trentet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:34 PM   #38
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Merritt, BC, Canada
Posts: 3
Year: 2008
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: bluebird mini
Engine: duramax diesel
Rated Cap: 12 pass. , two wheelchair
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Quick search for CSA or CGA certified tankless water heaters brought up a bunch. Home Depot has some:
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing...vZc1u0Z1z0v3fg

My Eccotemp L10 is certified for Canada.
I called eccotemp previously and the propane line/regulator is CSA approved but the customer service guy told me the heating unit is not. Thus my confusion. did you have to have your bus inspected for your gas/propane in order to get adequate insurance for the vehicle?
scoolienewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:25 PM   #39
New Member
 
Wild_Sunshine Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tampa
Posts: 4
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: BlueBird
Engine: T444E Diesel-195 HP
Rated Cap: 42
Talking

I just got this jewel.... check it out. Made for cabins, tiny homes, RV. Ventless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 04C29316-CEF6-467A-B6C6-F70C09E481AE.jpeg (100.4 KB, 13 views)
Wild_Sunshine Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.