Old 01-30-2019, 11:39 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Chassis: still looking for my bus
a few years back I was expecting a group of campers - my house was not capable of supplying the needs of the several dozen people expected, so I used some scavenged decking to put a floor in an open sided horse shelter, made a counter out of some of the excess flooring, installed a propane cook stove ( looked like any household kitchen range ) so people could have a place to cook ( fire season prohibited any open fires ) and my piece d' resistance was an outdoor shower, made from a 10" diameter pipe, 5' long, sitting several inches up from a steel platform as it's base - inside the big pipe I put a coil of copper 1/2" bendable tubing - with hose connections on both ends - cold water went into the lower connection and hot water out the top one, after being heated with a tiger torch -talk about supplying LOTS of hot water!!! - lol - had to be careful that the tiger torch was turned down low and that the cold water was turned on before the hot water - in the evening we cooked s'mores in a 'campfire using an old 45 gal ( 50 gal US ) barrel with a screened opening on one side, a chimney out of the top of the barrel, with a screen over the top of the chimney so we could conform to the no open fire laws - real hillbilly, but it all worked as designed and everyone enjoyed themselves, ( including one of the horses that liked to hang out in the ( fly free ) smoke from the fire - lol
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote