Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
I found this

All searches came up with sites that are by the same company. (really annoying light gray font on white page, hard for these old eyes to read, which may be their goal to keep you from reading the whole thing closely)

At $2000 for 12,000 BTU ($1725 from a site that direct link that reads like it is from same people) I could find no mention of any power consumption figures other than you need to supply from a battery bank with some way to charge said batterys. If you are solar to charge batteries the same lack of sun to charge batteries would also make the AC less efficient making it draw more from the battery bank.

somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:27 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
I found this

All searches came up with sites that are by the same company. (really annoying light gray font on white page, hard for these old eyes to read, which may be their goal to keep you from reading the whole thing closely)

At $2000 for 12,000 BTU ($1725 from a site that direct link that reads like it is from same people) I could find no mention of any power consumption figures other than you need to supply from a battery bank with some way to charge said batterys. If you are solar to charge batteries the same lack of sun to charge batteries would also make the AC less efficient making it draw more from the battery bank.
if you scroll down in the original link for these units the power consumption figures are listed.. HOWEVER. . im not sure how its that much more efficient than a standard inverter minisplit.. (other than its low voltage inputs may help assuing they dont just upconvert).. the units in my house (7 years old now).. run about 1000 watts on MAXX cooling under Max load.. most times they are pulling WAY LESS than their rated power pull.. the spec sheet for the above units state they pull 1050 watts max.. similar to my units if I run them out... mine are standard 120 volt units.. (2 of them) and one is a 240 volt unit.. I measure power usage on them using a Brultech energy monitor .. they pull somewhat more power in Heat mode as the head pressures typically are higher in heat and they run the compressor speed at max 4500 RPM instead of max 3800 like they do in cooling...
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning, aircon, inverter