Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AA Blue Bird
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Allison 545 A
Rated Cap: 78
anyone heard of a Bunn's Warmer?

aparently a woodstove made in the oregon valley. found one for sale on craigslist and all i can find is this ( http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=3608,6632769 ) newspaper article from 1976 for information. maybe someone is a better search wizard then me? 19"w 22.5" d 26"h little big but would work.

GetTheFunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: anyone heard of a Bunn's Warmer?

You don't want a small stove, chopping wood smaller than 16" sucks.

As long as the price is right go for it.

IMO a stove that is air tight really helps control the fire. A run away fire in a small space from a leaky stove could be scarey if the wrong person builds a fire.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:19 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

According to the old ad in the link you posted, the stoves were manufactured by "DeWald Northwest Albany."

A search found this information listed on another website:
DEWALD NORTHWEST CO
541-926-5578
33710 Oakville Rd Sw
Albany, OR, USA 97321-9479

One of the current internet links describe the company today as a dumpster manufacturer. And link to the company website I found listed with the above address was broken.

If you zoom into the old ad, you will see that the stove model "IS NOT approved for use in a mobile home!" for whatever that's worth.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:33 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
If you zoom into the old ad, you will see that the stove model "IS NOT approved for use in a mobile home!" for whatever that's worth.
To my understanding that means there is no cold air intake, and no heat shields meaning you need more clearance to combustibles.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AA Blue Bird
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Allison 545 A
Rated Cap: 78

price is right condition is good and wood size is not an issue. and for approved uses i rarely let the government decide whats good for me bigger heat shield and a little more care when fire stoking i should have no problems. i was more curious in the advertised built in "oven" and the model for sale is not the one pictured in the ad. thanks for the help so far!
GetTheFunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote