Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Cheap All-In-One Kitchen

Found this at canadian tire today. Contemplating getting it and mounting it inside.

closest thing i can find on their site isnt the same product.. will have to look into it more but something like this mounted into a bus could help people with some of the regulations needed.

Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
Re: Cheap All-In-One Kitchen

That thing is something else! I'll bet we could get the Board to buy one and then rent it out to newbe SKOOLIES to get their buses changed over to RV status. Also should rent out a porta poty etc. Seriously though that is a very clever design.
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

I went back with the gf and took a look. no price tag, hunted down an employee and got them to price scan it.. Get this... $40 regular $120!! so YOINK! i took her home.

I set it up inside the living room and the top of the top rack is 6 feet tall!! its kinda on the flimsy side (20lbs per section max) so it would need to be re-enforced to the walls to keep it from moving when in transit. the main part has the sink in it, its a double sink, plastic flexible stuff for sink bottoms though.. I suppose it could be made into real sinks but they do for what they do, the water pump used 3 D cells, not included, and my pump wasnt made right and is broken, i jerry rigged it to go and it moves about a full glass in 3 seconds when going full speed. the sinks also have rubber plugs and the tubes just run down into a collapsible water jug although a 5 gallon pail would work just as well.

that shelf up there neatly folds down, dont hold much but guess it could hold seasonings etc if you make a rail for it to hold stuff

the top top part with the hooks for all the ladles and the side sticking out parts is cool if you got stuff to hand from there, it has lots of spots for those S hooks like tarp straps use.

the left side has a place for a propane burner stove part to sit in and has a grill on top of it, not bad at all, has to connect to the main part to stand because it only has one side with legs. bottle not included but there is a stand for the bottle to.

right side is just more counter top and that canvas food shelter. I suppose it could keep most varmints out of it but not bear proof lol. once again it only has legs on far right side and must hook onto the center part for its stability.

also under the sinks, and at the bottom of the stove side there is metal racks that clip into place and provide additional stability to the whole thing.

Also the feets! they all have rubber feetings that you can drive the large yellow tent pegs through to attach to ground. they are also flat at the bottom so you could also use 3 good sided screws to mount them to your floor.

bottom end, it look very good for when you're parked but when you are on the move I think it might be a rattle trap... and needs to be securely fastened into place.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

Damn! at that price I'd have bought Two--no, three Give that baby a try and then report back. I wonder how many they sold at full bore? Anyway what a great find--I love that kind of stuff.
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

lol one is enough. all they had to.

i got it loaded up incase we use it. if we cant have campfire at the park tomorrow then I will use the stove burner that came with the set. good thing they give you a bag the size of a hockey bag with rolling wheels so you can MOVE the thing.. dang its heavy!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

I did one heck of a lot of work in my bus for nothing..... WAAAAH
Old 08-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Bus Crazy

If i was to make it permanent I would find some sort of a hard plastic or even metal sinks to go in place of the flexible plastic ones. sure they are tough but i imagine its like washing dishes in a grocery bag lol.

also think it would be good to get the drill and pop riveter out and make it all as one unit and sturdy it up. thinking i might put it on my passenger side and take out the seats there.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: P30
Engine: Chev 350 gas-replacement

Can you put up some pics of the sink in action? A battery powered sink sounds great, and it looks like there is some kind of stove...
Tool Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

i was gonna but then the camera died. the pump didnt work out of the box to. someone at the factory drove the screw holding the shaft to the spout part in on an angle and binded it up. new on one way.

It looks very much like a cheap electric pump for the 5 gallon culligan water jugs.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Probably exactly what it is...

That looks pretty good for an easy-setup OUTDOOR kitchen! Tuck it in a bay to travel, set it up at camp!
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote