Old 04-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird Mini-Bird 24'
Chassis: Chevy P30
Engine: Chevy 6.2L Diesel
Personally, I would run your electrical channel above the windows, or closer to the top of the bus. Centerline roof would be best, but you've got the cutout exits there to run around.

Running your electric up top will: a) keep it far away from fluids of any kind, b) allow you to branch off where needed for various circuits, c) your electrics will probably require more frequent modifications and additions than your plumbing will, so it should generally remain easier to access than conduit of some sort buried behind furniture which may or may not be permanently mounted or otherwise a major PITA to remove just to tap into a single line, or make a drop.

If you keep your plumbing tightly constrained, you could run it close to the coolant lines to help keep them from freezing, but the contamination is a risk I, personally, would not want to take.

Your access panels are commonly located on the driver's side, towards the rear, at least in smaller rv's, larger buses will be located in the rear, but closer to the mid-point.
Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #12
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: International
Chassis: RE200
Engine: 7.3L Navistar T444E
Rated Cap: 72
agree, all my electric along with my h20 feed line from tanks are all ran high of the windows so i can get to them if needed.
www.roadrunnerlogik.blogspot.com
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester View Post
agree, all my electric along with my h20 feed line from tanks are all ran high of the windows so i can get to them if needed.

this is what I use for running linesets, wires, etc.. in fact with a tad bit of sealant( like rubber cement.. (clear)).. you can even use it as ducting if you need to run heat or cool air someplace in your bus..

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...nnel_Specs.pdf

I painted it "blue-bird" tan and used it for some custom Dash A/C ducting in the last bus... its main design is for wires, heater lines, refrigerant lines etc.. its UV safe, paintable, and durable to all temperature conditions...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:25 AM   #14
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
this is what I use for running linesets, wires, etc.. in fact with a tad bit of sealant( like rubber cement.. (clear)).. you can even use it as ducting if you need to run heat or cool air someplace in your bus..

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...nnel_Specs.pdf

I painted it "blue-bird" tan and used it for some custom Dash A/C ducting in the last bus... its main design is for wires, heater lines, refrigerant lines etc.. its UV safe, paintable, and durable to all temperature conditions...

-Christopher

I like this idea. I'm not too picky with appearance and being so inexperienced I could probably run this inside the bus and not behind the finished wall. This way I wouldn't have to remove any wall paneling if I needed to access the lines. Another perk is that I could finish my walls and ceiling (which I am excited about having done) and put a wood burning stove in as well as a bed and sleep in there
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote