Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 90
Coachwork: bluebird conventional
Chassis: international
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72
Gas appliance location

Hi, all. Been hard at work building some of the interior of the bus. I'm at the stage of placing the gas appliances. I have the stove, fridge in place. I was thinking of having the water heater, and furnace in the same area. Is it ok to have the fridge, furnace and water heater share the same space or should I isolate them from each other?
Any thoughts?
Tried to download pic but says board attachment quota has been reached, Why?

bluebird90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
Re: Gas appliance location

I've got all my propane appliances in the same cabinet. Makes all those gas connections way easier. If you're fridge is also propane you'll need to put it in its own enclosure with proper venting. They're pretty picky about that. If it came with installation instructions you want to follow them closely.

As far as attaching pictures; most of us host ours on photobucket and link to them in our posts.

Here's how - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55593
Old 02-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

I agree that it's easier to have like appliances grouped for easier connections & plumbing. However I would give priority to locating appliances that use water & waste plumbing. Waste needs gravity to flow (unless you want to use a macerator pump) and having water supply lines cross from one side of the bus to the other may require routing the lines outside, which could mean freezing pipes, depending on your location.

Gas & electric supply lines are pretty easy to run. No need to worry about freezing or gravity
Old 02-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

We placed our gas appliance in the locations where they belonged. We have no problem running an iron pipe down the length of the bus to use as a gas supply line We have a LP heater planned for next to the entrance and an LP fluid heater (for the hydronic heat system) mounted on the same side, all the way at the back of the bus.... about 25 ft between the two. In between but on the opposite side (drivers side) will be the LP tanks under the bus, the LP range inside as well as a small self regulated LP heater. The little LP heater has the regulator built into the heater so we will need to pull a line off before the "house" regulator. We also need to pull a non-regulated line off for the LP grill on the entrance side. Like I said, we have no problem running LP lines.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16

I did the same a Lorna, used black pipe under the bus to the different locations... I set up my galley like you would in a house, a triangle shape from the fridge, stove and sink... The water heater and furnace are toward the back, wanted the furnace closer to were the sleeping will happen...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 90
Coachwork: bluebird conventional
Chassis: international
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Thanks for the input, I.ll be puting the gas appliances together, isolating the fridge for venting.
bluebird90 is offline   Reply With Quote