Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: International Harvester
Chassis: S1753
Engine: V8 6.9L
Heater Hook Up.

So I Accidentally Got Rid Of ALL The Heaters In The Bus Including The One In Front By The Door Which Is Used For Defrost. I Took Them Down To The Scrap Yard And They Only Saved One But It Wasn’t The One In Front, It Was The Mid Bus Heater. I Wanna Know If There’s A Way To Hook That One Up To Use As A Defrost/Defog? Or Am I Screwed?

NfiniteMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
That's quite an accident.............

There are numerous aftermarket heater/defrosters on themarket that you can replace the missing unit with.

See if Caddilac stops by. He can probably point out some specific recommendations.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
This is something I was looking at yesterday: https://www.amazon.com/Flex-a-lite-6...dp/B000CNJBPU/

It might be a little small to heat the whole bus, but it should keep your windshield clear.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
go back to the scrap yard and find a bus and pull new heaters.. yes you can create some kind of aftermarket klouge.. but nothing heats and defrosts like Bus heaters.. you need the driver console with foot warmer and defroster. and also the right side door heat for the body manufacturer you have... (not the chassis..the body)...

hard to believe they didnt still have the heaters.. they usually get thrown in a pile that sits around for a long time before being smashed and sent away...

I just finished completely restoring my right side heater because OEM heats so much better in my opinion than aftermarket..

the driver console if you have to rebuild it then you might consider building one from scratch that has A/C and heat... but thats fancy.. makes for a nicer ride though..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote