Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.dgeorge07 View Post
That unit is 50 hz 240 v for the Australia market. You aren’t going to find 50Hz anywhere here.

See if there is a NA version.

Btw my mini splits were blowing 85F when 18F out this am. Back up to 115F now that it is up to 25F outside.
I missed that. Thanks for the catch. A US seller won't be much use.....

Why is it that Australia gets so much cool stuff that we don't?

I found a crazy efficient inverter refrigerator online and got really excited as that is my single largest load. NOPE... Only available in Australia.

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:20 AM   #42
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
It looked like it( the Dometic rooftop) was for the European market being all metric and 220. I have new rooftop units, maybe by the time they need to be replaced this will be on the market here.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #43
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
interesting... you may want to make sure the refrigerant is correct.. at 0f im getting 85f degree air out of my vents wit hthe return air about 65-70.. low refrigerant shows up first in heating but cooling will work perfectly.. the units use an accumulator that collects excess liquid for the cooling cycle...

the expansion device is in the outdoor unit... much more liquid volume is required on heat cycle vs cool cycle due to condensation occuring on indoor unit making the small line fully liquid and not a mixture from indoor coil to outdoor unit.. on cooling you will have some vaporization of refrigerant in the small line between the 2 so less volume is required for cool cycle..

at 18f im usually able to obtain 100-105f degree air..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:34 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: CAT 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
interesting... you may want to make sure the refrigerant is correct.. at 0f im getting 85f degree air out of my vents wit hthe return air about 65-70.. low refrigerant shows up first in heating but cooling will work perfectly.. the units use an accumulator that collects excess liquid for the cooling cycle...

the expansion device is in the outdoor unit... much more liquid volume is required on heat cycle vs cool cycle due to condensation occuring on indoor unit making the small line fully liquid and not a mixture from indoor coil to outdoor unit.. on cooling you will have some vaporization of refrigerant in the small line between the 2 so less volume is required for cool cycle..

at 18f im usually able to obtain 100-105f degree air..
-Christopher

Interesting. I should look closer. It may be that my ambient temp in the bus was pretty cool. In these temps my rows and rows of windows are a major issue. I should check how many degrees the rise is. The units seem to be running pretty well...

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/4-...ner-18205.html
david.dgeorge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:48 AM   #45
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
You can also watch how the ice forms on the outdoor coils, if it forms fairly uniform across the coil you are fine, if it’s forming in one area real heavy and not on rest of coil or only partial it can be a sign of low refrigerant. It’s hard to test these with gauges or by superheat and subcool since they are variable speed. Rise is a good way to ballpark it. Take the air temp going into intake of indoor and outdoor units.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote