Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
The stove is bolted into a stand that is welded/bolted into the frame so not super worried about it moving on me

I was wanting to do the hotwater tank stove loop option like you have but the limitations of my space design are just not very conducive. I think i am going to try having a little aqua pump at the tub pushing the water up through the stove.

Also thinking about having an additional loop with some lines running to a radiator heater at the front of the bus to spread out the warmth on cold days.
All of your thoughts are doable with the right plumbing pipe layout and valving so just design it a step at time while leaving an easy option to expand to other areas.
Ever thought of a bilge pump in an area to circulate the tub water constantly?

John
Old 07-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
for summer maybe you need a glycol loop outdoor solar exchanger instead of electric.. at least to preheat the water..... you just wouldnt turn the loop on in winter.. or on sunny days a small solar pump could keep the water preheated.. perhaps even the cold water supply at above worry of freezing.. even ifyou were away from the bus..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:29 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
for summer maybe you need a glycol loop outdoor solar exchanger instead of electric.. at least to preheat the water..... you just wouldnt turn the loop on in winter.. or on sunny days a small solar pump could keep the water preheated.. perhaps even the cold water supply at above worry of freezing.. even ifyou were away from the bus..
-Christopher
I'll do more solar if and when I find a workable heat exchanger I can immerse in the main tank. Might be too much without a bypass too. Lots to workout though yet. Not so worried about cold water supply unless on shore power. Would need a heat trace cable to feed the bus.
Otherwise inside piping will always be warm, either from electric, the woodstove and the bus running. I kept the bus heaters and routed my piping over top about an inch, like a rad over each heater, so I'd be getting almost 180* F heating at each heater as the water circulates. Pipes are well insulated everywhere except over those heater locations so hot right from the engine out and back.

I think I'll be ok till the next IceAge......

John