Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
Resources for learning how to plump propane safely?

I know nothing about propane (well, I can light our grill and have our bottles filled, and know when it goes boom it's a bad thing, but that's about it).

So before I plumb our bus for propane appliances, I need to go from idiot to savant. Or at least from idiot to just plain dumb.

If anyone has any resources pertaining to the subject of propane in the context of RV conversions, we'd be uber-appreciative. Websites, books, videos, whatever.

Thanks!

Old 05-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
Bus Geek

sample googlu-foo

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...ttings+OR+leak

adjust keywords to taste, lots of forums out there, tnttt, expedition portal, cheap RV living. . .

When you see jargon, use that as a search term to references.

Take detailed notes in a full-text searchable knowledgebase.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Thanks for nothing..

You say you know nothing and want to learn, guy posts a link to 10 different links concerning your question and you give him shite for that. It's common sense to try and do some of your own research, instead of being bottle fed by those who have done the research. your post is not a good way to get future help when you disrespect the valued members here.
Well said.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: CE300
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 23
I was asking for recommendations on educational resources, not for a lesson on how to use an internet search engine. You can all pretend that the response I received wasn't a snarky and dismissive poorly-veiled insult. But it was, and the poster knows it, just as well as I do. On the very remote chance it wasn't, then I apologize. But I think both John & I know I'm not the one who should be apologizing.

A far as asking to be 'spoon fed' goes, that's laughable. The entire concept of an internet forum is one of spoon-feeding people. In contrast, I was asking not for advice on how to perform this task nor that, but rather recommended resources I could use to learn from myself. The polar opposite of being spoon fed.

I was simply asking opinions on resources that have helped other people. Much as I - in my mere 23 or so posts so far - have tried to provide resources to others that might help them.

But yeah... I'm the bad guy here. LOL. Whatever.
Closed Thread