Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

I just double checked and got these
135,152 (twice) 223 (twice), 224, 615, 622 (twice)

bikemech77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
gotta love icloud, forgot i had these.. several of those are showing that the software is corrupt on the computer.. i dont have a 136 so i used 135 as a reference..

135 - idle validation switch
142 - Vechicle speed sensor high
152 - BARO sensor low
223 - VPM no comms to ECM
224 - KAM corrupt.
615 - KAM corrupted parameter
622 - engine using default rating.

some of these are scary like the computer got surged hard... or is missing part of its power.. the KAM is the battery keep alive memory.. the loss of comms to the VPM means perhaps a circuit to pins 1,40 of the ECM are still no power..

ECM terminal 1 having no power could be the cause of many of these codes..

the ECM fuse handles this.. I dont have a fuse number.. but should be in the dashboard mounted fuse panel.. id check that first..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
gotta love icloud, forgot i had these.. several of those are showing that the software is corrupt on the computer.. i dont have a 136 so i used 135 as a reference..

135 - idle validation switch
142 - Vechicle speed sensor high
152 - BARO sensor low
223 - VPM no comms to ECM
224 - KAM corrupt.
615 - KAM corrupted parameter
622 - engine using default rating.

some of these are scary like the computer got surged hard... or is missing part of its power.. the KAM is the battery keep alive memory.. the loss of comms to the VPM means perhaps a circuit to pins 1,40 of the ECM are still no power..

ECM terminal 1 having no power could be the cause of many of these codes..

the ECM fuse handles this.. I dont have a fuse number.. but should be in the dashboard mounted fuse panel.. id check that first..

-Christopher
Good so I've been going in the right direction. I've checked the fuses in the battery compartment since from what I've read goes to ecm. Check good. Dash fuse good. One thing I noticed is someone used 30 A fuses for B/U, ABS and starter. Looked behind panel and that's where I found that fried wire. So I'm guessing since someone used the wrong fuse to allow more current and not blow so quick, that it possibly burnt up the ecm. I've since replaced the wire , made sure of no short to ground or crosses, placed the correct 10A fuse, and correct fuses in the other locations and had no blowouts since. Just the check engine light, tach is not working (assuming cause of ecm) and the fact the codes will not clear at all.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikemech77 View Post
Good so I've been going in the right direction. I've checked the fuses in the battery compartment since from what I've read goes to ecm. Check good. Dash fuse good. One thing I noticed is someone used 30 A fuses for B/U, ABS and starter. Looked behind panel and that's where I found that fried wire. So I'm guessing since someone used the wrong fuse to allow more current and not blow so quick, that it possibly burnt up the ecm. I've since replaced the wire , made sure of no short to ground or crosses, placed the correct 10A fuse, and correct fuses in the other locations and had no blowouts since. Just the check engine light, tach is not working (assuming cause of ecm) and the fact the codes will not clear at all.

I understand if they are historic but if I'm doing the procedure correctly they should be cleared and some should not come back on until the engine has been started .
Like the idle , vehicle speed and the barametric pressure.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

I'll send a pic from my laptop when I get home the part the the burnt wire went to is on the left side of the transmission. It is hexagon shaped and has 2 wires coming off of it. It's not the one that has a rubber hose coming off of it. It is forward of that.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:21 PM   #26
Bus Geek

pin 1 on the ECM connector should be +12 all the time even when key off. I dont know that this keeps the engine from starting or not.. someone putting a 30 amp fuse in is either they kept blowing them so they stuck a bigger one in.. or they kept blowing them and just emptied a package of whetver they had.. and you ended up with a full-on short. I need to look at the no-start diagnostics to see what codes if any are checkled for no-start.

so pin 1 to ground on the ECM harness 60 pin connector (big one)should have +12 voltage all the time.

pin 40 should be a solid circuit to ground. (as close to 0 ohms as you can get)

pin 1 to pin 40 shouild be +12
pin 8 to ground should be +12 voltage with key on... (that SHOULD be good or you wouldnt get flash codes..

pin 8 to 15 shoiuld be +12 with key on...

these are measuring with the harness unplugged from the ECM and you are measuring on the harness itself not on the ECM...

you can also look for burnt pins going into the ECM when you unplug it...

-Christopher
Old 11-16-2016, 07:54 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
pin 1 on the ECM connector should be +12 all the time even when key off. I dont know that this keeps the engine from starting or not.. someone putting a 30 amp fuse in is either they kept blowing them so they stuck a bigger one in.. or they kept blowing them and just emptied a package of whetver they had.. and you ended up with a full-on short. I need to look at the no-start diagnostics to see what codes if any are checkled for no-start.

so pin 1 to ground on the ECM harness 60 pin connector (big one)should have +12 voltage all the time.

pin 40 should be a solid circuit to ground. (as close to 0 ohms as you can get)

pin 1 to pin 40 shouild be +12
pin 8 to ground should be +12 voltage with key on... (that SHOULD be good or you wouldnt get flash codes..

pin 8 to 15 shoiuld be +12 with key on...

these are measuring with the harness unplugged from the ECM and you are measuring on the harness itself not on the ECM...

you can also look for burnt pins going into the ECM when you unplug it...

-Christopher
Yes I did find 2 top pins ( higher than others) had black plastic. 1 pin was I guess top of row 1 second pin was top of middle row.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #28
Bus Geek

I was gonna try and post the page from the service manual relevant to this that shows a diagram of the connector.. but cant figure out how to turn a PDF to pics on OSX without special software...
-Christopher
Old 11-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #29
Mini-Skoolie

Ha ha don't ask me bub. I can barley post a pic from my phone
Old 11-16-2016, 08:13 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

I'll figure it out now that I know the specs. I'm hoping it's not the ecu but then again it wouldn't not Ben the first time one had me all over the place. Lol
Old 11-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #31
Bus Nut

cadillackid can you do a "print screen" on osx like a Windows machine?

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Tootalltechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:54 PM   #32
Bus Geek

the t444E manual is about 26 megs... maybe it can be emailed? its a bit confusing to figure out the section numbers without using it inside the servicemaxx program but you can find most of the stuff you need.

-Christopher
Old 11-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #33
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
the t444E manual is about 26 megs... maybe it can be emailed? its a bit confusing to figure out the section numbers without using it inside the servicemaxx program but you can find most of the stuff you need.

-Christopher
My email is bikemech77@yahoo.com
I really appreciate it.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #34
Bus Geek

Quote:
My email is bikemech77@yahoo.com
I really appreciate it.
sent.. sometimes yahoo strips attachkents bigger than 10 megs let me know if you get it.

I have the software and the interface to diagnose those too, however the interface is in Ohio (with the bus that has a t444) and im in florida.. not sure where you are.. that interface is pricey.. seems like quite a few people on here have issues with the electronics on these and the DT466E's .. need to find a way to ship that box of mine around to get these things going.

-Christopher
Old 11-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #35
Mini-Skoolie

I lived in West palm and Ft Lauderdale for 20 years. I got stationed in KY with the Army and never left lol. You could make some good money renting out the diag tool.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #36
Bus Geek

where in kentucky? im sure the timeframe is too long but I'll be passing through on I-75 headed back south from ohio the end of TG weekend.. I'll be coming up beforehand however the interface is in ohio now..
-Christopher
Old 11-17-2016, 10:43 AM   #37
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
where in kentucky? im sure the timeframe is too long but I'll be passing through on I-75 headed back south from ohio the end of TG weekend.. I'll be coming up beforehand however the interface is in ohio now..
-Christopher
I'm in Western KY on the TN. Border right next to FT Campbell. If your taking I-24 at all you will probably be right by my house. You could always stay the night if you need.
Thanks for the manual. All points lead to the ecm. Made things so much easier. You and all that have helped rock man.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:45 AM   #38
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
-Christopher

Nevermind I just realized that's on the other side of KY. Damn I'm sloowwwww lately lol
Old 11-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #39
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
I'm in Western KY on the TN. Border right next to FT Campbell
You're literally just right up the road from me..... I'm just outside Nashville, less than an hour away.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #40
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
You're literally just right up the road from me..... I'm just outside Nashville, less than an hour away.
I got stationed here in the Army. I got out in 2013 and didn't want to leave. I was born in NY. Then moved to FL stayed there for 20yrs. People think I'm crazy for not moving back to FL. I love KY and TN!! The people the towns, the change of seasons, and the scenery. FL is flat as glass .

Tags
1997 minibus, wireing problem