Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Been there, I know...... all the way down to Miami and back. Kind of like crossing Iowa and Nebraska.... pretty scenery but flat as a board. Though the Everglades crossing was interesting but that's a story for another day....

I've spent 27 of my 49 years in KY and another 6 in TN so I know what you mean. I can't imagine wanting to go back to FL or NY either... upstate NY is pretty but cost of living is so high, plus all the regulations on 2nd amendment rights.... and the only reason I'd go to FL is for the NASCAR races at Daytona and Homestead Miami. Could give a fig less about all the theme parks and such.

As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
Been there, I know...... all the way down to Miami and back. Kind of like crossing Iowa and Nebraska.... pretty scenery but flat as a board. Though the Everglades crossing was interesting but that's a story for another day....

I've spent 27 of my 49 years in KY and another 6 in TN so I know what you mean. I can't imagine wanting to go back to FL or NY either... upstate NY is pretty but cost of living is so high, plus all the regulations on 2nd amendment rights.... and the only reason I'd go to FL is for the NASCAR races at Daytona and Homestead Miami. Could give a fig less about all the theme parks and such.
Ha ha. Right there with ya. Plus all the motorcycle events. Other than that though blah. And yes Up state is beautiful cost like you said is tremendous. I'll visit that's about it.
bikemech77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #43
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I have a place in st pete and in columbus Ohio.. my little Body just doesnt do cold very well... hence the place in florida... plus I wanted an Urban dwelling instead of the boring fuddy-duddy suburb the house in columbus is in... regardless of whether I keep the place in florida I'll definitely be selling the Suburban house in ohio at some point... I dont have kids, I dont have dogs, I hate to drive anytime I want an espresso or some food.., I only cook for parties(and not on a daily basis)... alas downtown living is for me.. id rather walk or bike.. im a social person and seems my suburb everyone is always indoors with the windows closed.. they complain about freezing in winter so they stay in, then complain about the heat in summer and stay in...

florida is flat as a pancake and the east coast is definitely one big strip mall.. st pete downtown seems more modern, artsy, Techie, and entrepeneur-friendly.. plus theres the beach...

I do enjoy the scenery change of travelling back and forth between ohio and florida...and the cold weather *IS* nice for holidays such as thanksgiving and christmas.. but come january those endless weeks of cloudy dark days just dont do it for me... and down here in florida I can work on the busses in winter and be comfortable!.
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:50 PM   #44
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I have a place in st pete and in columbus Ohio.. my little Body just doesnt do cold very well... hence the place in florida... plus I wanted an Urban dwelling instead of the boring fuddy-duddy suburb the house in columbus is in... regardless of whether I keep the place in florida I'll definitely be selling the Suburban house in ohio at some point... I dont have kids, I dont have dogs, I hate to drive anytime I want an espresso or some food.., I only cook for parties(and not on a daily basis)... alas downtown living is for me.. id rather walk or bike.. im a social person and seems my suburb everyone is always indoors with the windows closed.. they complain about freezing in winter so they stay in, then complain about the heat in summer and stay in...

florida is flat as a pancake and the east coast is definitely one big strip mall.. st pete downtown seems more modern, artsy, Techie, and entrepeneur-friendly.. plus theres the beach...

I do enjoy the scenery change of travelling back and forth between ohio and florida...and the cold weather *IS* nice for holidays such as thanksgiving and christmas.. but come january those endless weeks of cloudy dark days just dont do it for me... and down here in florida I can work on the busses in winter and be comfortable!.
-Christopher
Funny thing about FL. I lived in NY for 11 years. Knew everybody on my block, knew people all over town and most were genuinely outgoing. FL is full of transplanted New Yorkers and well hell from everywhere. And once they got to FL became dbag's and recluse didnt hardly know anyone on my block. Don't know why or when the attitude changed. As you can tell from my name I'm a motorcycle technician and enthusiast. That's one thing I miss is riding all year round. That and the Latin food. Maaaaaaan I miss the food.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #45
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I think its urban vs suburban... down here in st pete downtown I talk to people all the time.. at coffee shops, in my apartment building (we have all kinds of cool common areas), etc.. younger-acting crowd in downtowns of cities.. same with columbus ohio... I hardly know but a few people in the 12 years ive lived in that neighborhood... yet when I go downtown I talk to new people all the time..

lots of florida is effectively suburbia... theres really only a few "downtowns" and really no country-style small towns like you have up north.. amazingly the 2 most friendly places i go in my travels are big-city downtowns and country small-towns.. totally opposites in environment but very outgoing... the WORST is suburbia... totally closed up in little bubbles it seems....

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:08 PM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I think its urban vs suburban... down here in st pete downtown I talk to people all the time.. at coffee shops, in my apartment building (we have all kinds of cool common areas), etc.. younger-acting crowd in downtowns of cities.. same with columbus ohio... I hardly know but a few people in the 12 years ive lived in that neighborhood... yet when I go downtown I talk to new people all the time..

lots of florida is effectively suburbia... theres really only a few "downtowns" and really no country-style small towns like you have up north.. amazingly the 2 most friendly places i go in my travels are big-city downtowns and country small-towns.. totally opposites in environment but very outgoing... the WORST is suburbia... totally closed up in little bubbles it seems....

-Christopher
This is true. I never looked at it that way. I'm really partial to small country towns after pretty much living my whole life in the city/suburbs.

Tags
1997 minibus, wireing problem