Old 12-22-2016, 09:33 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Bunny View Post
I am looking to get the HQ ISSUE, wood stove by Sportsman Guide, but they are out of stock. ...
I really don't want to put a hole in the ceiling of Nyla, so I was thinking to have the exhaust go out an open window, through a plate with a hole in it for the exhaust. I saw someone do that on YOUTUBE... Any thoughts????
Thank you all again, I don't feel so lonely doing this.....
Running the exhaust out a window is no problem, and should be the easiest way to vent your stove. Use single wall pipe with a damper up through the first 90 degree bend then use double or triple wall chimney pipe for the bit that goes through the blanked out window. They have "Wall Thimbles" for running chimneys through walls for 15-30 bucks at the big box home improvement stores.

I would be careful using those tent stoves from sportsmans guide. They're cheap, lightweight and easy but they are made of VERY thin steel and will warp in a second if you get them too hot. Those are the stoves that people get glowing cherry red hot if they're not careful. Just something to be aware of.

Try checking round on craigslist in your area for a small cast iron or 1/4" steel plate wood stove. I found a great one close by for only 100 bucks that puts out way more than enough heat and it's still small enough that it doesn't get in the way. Whatever you end up using make sure to install CO detectors to let you know when theres a problem...

I am in my 30s and have been living with wood burners as a sole source of heat all my life so I have a little experience with wood stoves. Hell I went to HVAC school and still prefer wood fired heat over a furnace... But I'm anachronistic I guess so take that with a grain of salt...
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote