Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 08:33 PM   #1

A Jedi of Wanderlust - Hello From Wisconsin!

Hey there, everyone. I'm a seasoned researcher of tiny houses, but have recently made the decision to follow the skoolie route instead. I'll be wandering the forums here to gather information until I take the leap, but figured I should create a profile to get the most out of it that I can.
I'm an audio engineer about to graduate from college in February, so I'm making solid plans now. I also come from a family of DIY geeks, and a family business in construction, so I have many resources available to me. I am certainly lucky!

Anyway, I am a nerd of the great outdoors, self-sufficiency, simplicity, freelance, and recycling, so I plan on getting pretty creative with my ideas. We'll see.
Until then, I will be here - lurking silently in the shadows and marveling over the wonder of many projects on these forums.

So the question I pose to thee, what has been your favorite, and least favorite aspect of your skoolie project?
Also, I'd like to hear a funny moment that you may have had! And (as I'm sure you have heard before) - what is the best piece of advice you can give to a skoolie noob?

Thanks
May the force be with you,
Abby

AbbyWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Find lots of places to keep a bus. I can get really stressful trying to find somewhere to store a bus.

Do all the legwork necessary to make sure you can get registration and insurance.

My favorite part of my bus so far has been the immense satisfaction of finally seeing my dream coming true.
Least favorite part has been paying for everything.

I'd say continue to resist the hate that the dark side so embraces, and to use the force to build your bus into something the rebellion will truly be able to use against the empire.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Find lots of places to keep a bus. I can get really stressful trying to find somewhere to store a bus.

Do all the legwork necessary to make sure you can get registration and insurance.

My favorite part of my bus so far has been the immense satisfaction of finally seeing my dream coming true.
Least favorite part has been paying for everything.

I'd say continue to resist the hate that the dark side so embraces, and to use the force to build your bus into something the rebellion will truly be able to use against the empire.
Thanks for the useful info and the laugh, EastCoastCB!! Hahaha!
AbbyWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #4

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Welcome and may the force be with you.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote