Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2017, 11:31 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Another Georgian in the houseeee <3

Hello all!! Just wanted to chime in and say hello to all the members out there. I appreciate the folks running this forum as I've gotten a lot of good information/research. My name is Joe, and I am a TOTAL noob at carpentry, electricity, plumbing, and even working on cars let alone a bus. This will certainly be my most challenging project ever, but am excited to learn and grow and also I heard YouTube will make anyone an expert . I just got tired of the 70 hour weeks and wanted to break loose for a while and travel. Both of us. I will be traveling with my fiance, Ashley. I've got lots of questions to ask but i'll start that in a new thread.

oh yeah, we purchased a 1995 International 3800, 7.3L V8 Diesel , T444E Engine, AT545 Tranny with 160,000 miles. I'm sure I'll learn all about this bus on this forum or hope so.

Also we are from Duluth, Georgia. How about you all? -Joe

skooolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:26 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skooolie View Post
Hello all!! Just wanted to chime in and say hello to all the members out there. I appreciate the folks running this forum as I've gotten a lot of good information/research. My name is Joe, and I am a TOTAL noob at carpentry, electricity, plumbing, and even working on cars let alone a bus. This will certainly be my most challenging project ever, but am excited to learn and grow and also I heard YouTube will make anyone an expert . I just got tired of the 70 hour weeks and wanted to break loose for a while and travel. Both of us. I will be traveling with my fiance, Ashley. I've got lots of questions to ask but i'll start that in a new thread.

oh yeah, we purchased a 1995 International 3800, 7.3L V8 Diesel , T444E Engine, AT545 Tranny with 160,000 miles. I'm sure I'll learn all about this bus on this forum or hope so.

Also we are from Duluth, Georgia. How about you all? -Joe
Welcome yall!
I'm in central FL. When I was 13 my summer camp "girlfriend" was from Duluth.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
Skoolie

Welcome to the party! I'm just a little west of you in Marietta.

I'm not the typical handy person - I'm usually crafting things in the digital world rather than the real one, but the bus is a really awesome project! I get to be creative, feel powerful (power tools have that name for a reason), and learn all sorts of new skills. Luckily, I have some knowledgable friends who already know how to do electrical work, welding, and plumbing - although RV electrical and plumbing are a little different from the standard residential/commercial set up, so it's a little new for them, too. We're having fun with it!

Don't be scared to jump in, and if you ever feel stuck, the folks on this forum are an excellent resource.
mysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:28 AM   #4

Smile

Hello! My partner Terra, our son Bodhi and I live in Kennesaw, and we're in the process of buying a piece of land in Canton area. We are just starting a search for a bus, and we're also newbies re: many of the same areas. We love community and would be happy to lend a hand with any projects you need help with. And yes--YouTube will save us! That, and a lot of head scratching and asking for help on this forum. Have a great day! Look forward to connecting more here!
michaeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Skoolie

I'm in Gainesville. I have no skills when it comes to wiring or woodworking but I'm just going to use the current bus as a tent.
BigDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

oooh that is close! hope to meet you all some day!
Old 04-26-2017, 05:15 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 11
Hiya! I'm in midtown Atlanta, just bought a 20 ft Blue Bird. In 10 days I'm going to start my conversion! Maybe we should all have a meet up?
TobinHagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I go between OH and FL all the time, i always enjoy meeting fellow skoolies..

tobin - is it Futile t othink i copuld attempt to drive I-75 through atlanta like I always used to do? or is that 85 closuire not affect 75 much?

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 11
Avoid atl

I would avoid it if you can for another 3 months
TobinHagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #10
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooolie View Post
oooh that is close! hope to meet you all some day!
I'm in Duluth about once a month @ the Pull a Part. I sell JY parts online . That's how I afford to Offroad my Jeep
I was going to mention a meet but someone beat me to it. If my schedule allows, I'm game.
BigDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:13 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

I'm so down for a meet up that's a fantastic idea #ATLiens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2017, 10:06 AM   #12
Skoolie

I'm down. Also, if any of you Georgia folks want to try a roof raise, I can bring the threaded rod lifters that we made to save you a little bit of cash. It would be a shame to just scrap them.
mysty is offline   Reply With Quote