Old 10-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Hi, I'm new and also from New Mexico. We just started retrofitting our new-to-us 37-foot RE Bluebird. I love reading about all the conversions!
Welcome to this great bus forum! What part of NM?

There are a lot of great builds happening in this forum. I can't keep up with them all but I do get some great inspiration and encouragement!
Canned Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:33 PM   #12

Year: 1998
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: Cummins 8.3L 250HP
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canned Ham View Post
Welcome to this great bus forum! What part of NM?

There are a lot of great builds happening in this forum. I can't keep up with them all but I do get some great inspiration and encouragement!
We're from Albuquerque also, Ventana Ranch West (if you know the area, you've probably seen our bus parked in various places - we keep moving it around so we don't piss off the HOA too much ).

My husband did a TON of research, and we decided to buy a bus from Colorado, because of the high elevation modifications (engine retarder for downhills, larger engine with turbo for torque needed on uphills, fewer problems with mold/rust). If you ever do decide to buy a bus, definitely check with Charles Kern in Denver (we bought our bus from him on Craigslist). He is a bus connoisseur who buys up old buses and converts them for event transportation services to cut down on drunk driving. He also did his own skoolie conversion that ended up being an HGTV tiny house episode! Super, super nice guy. He might even be a member here - I haven't checked.
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:50 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1959
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: 1959 Chevy
Engine: 350
NM

Hey all of us NM folk need to find a way to get together on things I'm up in Dixon. Good to see other people with buses around.
Sky
sky nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #14
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Charles Kern in Denver (we bought our bus from him on Craigslist). He is a bus connoisseur who buys up old buses and converts them for event transportation services to cut down on drunk driving. He also did his own skoolie conversion that ended up being an HGTV tiny house episode! Super, super nice guy. He might even be a member here - I haven't checked.
Indeed he is... (to all of what you said)
Skoolie.net - View Profile: charles_m
CaptainInsaneo is offline   Reply With Quote