Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2016, 12:49 PM   #11
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 925
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Let me try adjusting the Google album settings, see if I can make the links publicly view-able, I forgot to change it from private.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #12
Skoolie
 
Roadrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Johnstown, PA
Posts: 248
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
Hi and welcome to the best site on the net. If you go to the conversions and tutorials section the second post down tells you how to post pics. You have to upload them to photobucket etc. then to here. Good luck to you.
__________________
Hopeless Busaholic!
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:01 PM   #13
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 925
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
I have a fair grasp on posting/linking pics as I've done it on other sites, just haven't used Google for hosting before.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #14
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 206
Year: 1997
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84
They worked last night, but now are gone. Dunno. It was a nice looking bus.
Timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #15
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 925
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
It's been a few days since my last check-in. Not much to report, so far. Much of the lettering has been removed and some of the marker/clearance lights have been checked/fixed. I plan to replace them with LED versions as finances permit ... and I don't want to tie up a lot of money in it until I get the title sorted out. The tail/brake lights also need replacement. One wasn't working and when I took it apart to check, the back of the housing started falling apart due to age and deterioration. All four 7" lights will be replaced with red LED versions, the turn signals will be wired up for the tail lights to come on with the rest (the originals were amber and did not have/use the tail light portion). I want maximum visibility and redundancy when running at night. The reverse lights and smaller lower brake lights will eventually go the way of LED's, but they work for now so it's a lower priority. The rear clearance lights I have not had a chance to check yet; I will do that when I remove the rear lettering. The instrument cluster (I/C for short) lights are out, the left turn and high beam indicators were out but have since been replaced/fixed. I took out the I/C to check the lights (there are 6), did not have my volt meter with me at the storage lot, but using a bulb to test, was not reading voltage at the I/C plug. Before I went too far, I opened up the switch panel. Found evidence that some mice had a home there at some point (evidence removed); checked the rest of the wiring and re-routed a couple to prevent chafing but all else looked good. Also traced the wiring and found the I/C lights on a separate lead from the dimmer switch, so I figured that was a good place to check for voltage before getting too far into the I/C and plug for it. I figure these old buses were fairly straightforward and there's no point looking for a complicated problem when I have yet to check the simple one. I also want/need to replace the oil pressure sending unit, as it shows 100+ psi of oil pressure when starting up (my Volvo did the same thing, the oil pressure sensor was indeed the fault). I took out one of the seats (by myself), which involved being under the bus and trying to hold the tops of the bolts; this will require 2 people for any form of efficiency. But I got some needed measurements and that was my short term goal for that endeavor. Also, the parking brake was kind'a weak, I looked up how to adjust it (driveshaft brake), the knob on the handle was already at its limit and the threaded portion of the linkage had about 1/2" left ... I ran the linkage to its limit as well. The parking brake seems tighter now. Haven't tested it on a slope yet. It's slowly getting there.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:22 PM   #16
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 925
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Quick update - I took a volt meter with me today and messed with the instrument cluster a bit more. Turns out the I/C lights are not on the same circuit as the switch panel lights, but are dimmed with the headlight switch. I did get some of them to work (and did not mess with the others), so that's checked. All that may be moot, as I may have other plans anyway. More to come.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.