Old 03-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #31
Skoolie

When making the Floorplan what things do I need to take into consideration? I assume I will me working the floor plan around plumbing? I need to figure out where I can mount a grey water tank under the bus and probably put a composting toilet there with the sink backed up to the bathroom wall so all grey water things are close together?

Is there an order at which these things are most easily done? I've been focusing on one step at a time. If there was a most practical order that may help. Frame, plumb, wood stove, electric?
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:55 AM   #32
Skoolie

Got the flor painted! Going to put on a second coat after work if I have time. Excited to get the subfloor down

Old 03-12-2016, 08:44 AM   #33
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
When making the Floorplan what things do I need to take into consideration? I assume I will me working the floor plan around plumbing? I need to figure out where I can mount a grey water tank under the bus and probably put a composting toilet there with the sink backed up to the bathroom wall so all grey water things are close together?

Is there an order at which these things are most easily done? I've been focusing on one step at a time. If there was a most practical order that may help. Frame, plumb, wood stove, electric?
One advantage to an RE is you can put your tanks between the frame rails. And what you may want to do after your frame, but before you panel, is run your water and electric, then worry about the wood stove later.

Captain Obvious on deviantArt
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #34
Skoolie

Thanks! That helps a lot. I thought there was something going on between the frame rails but I'll check it out tonight
Old 03-16-2016, 07:38 AM   #35
Skoolie

I was thinking of putting a frame to the floor to help support the weight of everything to not crush the foam insulation. I've decided on 1 inch 25 psi foam board. I was going to put the floor frame butted up against the wall and down the middle and under each seam. I will be using those TEK screws to attach to the metal floor. Is this overkill to support the weight of everything? Do I need that much support if in going with 25 psi board? And for the frame I was just going to cut strips of half inch plywood to have a true 1in to be flush with the foam board. I think I will then attach the plywood to the strips with either screws, liquid nails, or a combination of both. Likely have the 30# felt between either floor and foam or foam and plywood. Anyone have any advice? Should I use less wood to frame? How many screws would one recommend? And better advice for attaching or adhering this stuff?
Thanks for all the help as most of the info I got to devise this plan is right from you guys
Old 03-16-2016, 08:18 AM   #36
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
Got the flor painted! Going to put on a second coat after work if I have time. Excited to get the subfloor down

Thats GREAT!!!!
Old 08-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #37
Almost There

Eric,

It's bread from UP north. Your bus looks great. Hope to see ya at the next fest
bread519 is offline   Reply With Quote