Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #1

Cool Aspiring Canadian live aboard!

Hey everyone!

My name is Kevin! I'm a 26 year old software developer, business owner and glass blower (lampworker). For many years i wanted to move to Thailand and work/live remotely (I hated Canadian winters). Over the years, I think I've learned to love the winter and don't see myself being so far away from my family who(m?) I love dearly. So many nieces and nephews, I don't think I could do it. I'm also not about to go buying a house, well, because forget that!

Right now I live with my business partner. I was going to build a shipping container home, but a bus just made so much more sense, and here we are now!

I'm in the process of speaking with the insurance company, and attempting to adequately cover all my bases before beginning the project (although I know it'll be years in the works, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the legalities).

I want to get the largest bus possible, because in addition to my living space (kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms) i'd also like to have a mobile lampworking studio. This requires a fair amount of energy (compressors for concentrators, kiln etc)

I'm so happy to have a found such a massive resource here, and can't wait to update you guys as the process continues. I'm really excited to see some winter-ready conversions. I think the two biggest things will be insulation, and keeping my water tank inside, while ensuring the darker waters (grey/black) don't freeze up. Propane freezing up when in use is also a concern, but I'm sure when I start building you guys will have a ton of advice for me.

Anyways, I love what I've seen so far on the site and I love the sticky posts. So much good information/discussion.

Cheers!

kred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Cool! Look forward to your updates!
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian, intro