Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Welcome! You bought a absolutely humongous bus. :O I hope it isn't to complex to work on (electrics, bodywork). Just curious: Is building skoolies common practice in Ozz? If so, how much 'freedom' do you have? Can you build one in your driveway (seems so at least), can you legally live in it, or park it where you want?
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:45 AM   #12
Bus Nut

Wow! I think this might be the first articulated bus to show up on the forum. I can't remember another, at any rate. Good luck! Keep us posted, and plenty of pictures.

I like the 59 a lot also. Back in the late 70s I had a bud who got a hold of one of those - pink, to boot. He managed to score vanity tag "HOT LIX" for it. I thought that was cute.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #13

Year: 1985
Coachwork: 1986
Chassis: B10M
Engine: Volvo 6cly Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 23 ton
Thanks for all your interest everyone, will keep updates happening. Regards Milton
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredChemist View Post
Have a read of vsb6 from the nhvr website

You'll likely need a door at the bend, so it's a motorhome and trailer combo not a 19m motorhome.

A ally b10m minus seats is about 10500-11000kg you'll have a whole trailer extra to that number.

Have a,chat to a engineer about the k7 modification certification.
Hey, K7 Modification is, here in Australia the bus has been on the road taking passengers here in Queensland for 30 years, has several mod plates for various things done to it over time including 4 seat belts in the front. Has a door half way up the rear, and a front door, back end is attached using a large gear plate so is Articulated, not a trailer, the entire bus back and front comes in at 13.7t with seats so is now around 11t without as it is stated on many of its mod plates. So should be fine as it sits once fitted out and the concertina doors changed to an opening style doors it will be re re-registered as a Motorhome. A bloody long Motor home, 19m is the maximum length for any vehicle without a special permit. Regards Milton.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:31 AM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Max length for a motorhome is 14.5m, 18 or 19 with trailer.

I know it was previously worked around by adding a door at the bendy bit. Then just treating the rear as a trailer. Carrying a race car in the back, prior to the can't carry vehicles inside it rule.

If you find a way around the length issue be sure to post it.

Volvodemort website has a lot of handy info for the volvos.

Wouldn't happen to have a photo of the non bcc alternator setup would you?
Zf or Allison gearbox?
Volgren body?
retiredChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:52 AM   #16

All good, don't know where you are located, but here in my state Department of Transport who I have been in contact with have told me there is no worries converting my 19m Bendy into a motorhome, 3 have been already converted in Australia, its official title for the records may not be a Motorhome, maybe a 4 seater bus depending on the bedding etc. but have been in contact with our authorities and no issues, as it has been registered before as a bus for 30 years.

Tags
b10m, bendy bus, long-bus, volvo