Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
BarBQ Restaurant Skoolie

Hello,
This is BarBQ. I got a good deal (I hope) on a 2009 IC 3000. I got a great idea (I hope) to convert the bus into a BarBQ restaurant on wheels. I will install a galley kitchen: electric smoker, sink, refrigerator, prep table, serving window, etc. The remaining seats will be criscrossed to make booth seating with a leaf table. A RV style toilet will be installed. Awnings, with picnic tables will be outside. Of course, the plumbing and electrical to make it all work will have to be done.
I would like to find someone who could help me do the retrofitting. Please respond if you are interested.
BarBQ Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 4,200
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome,

You may have better luck if people know where you are. If you fill out your user profile we may be better able to answer your questions.

There is a BBQ restaurant in a Crown bus in Monroe Washington. Kind of a funky cool place.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 5,748
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Do you have a CDL? You'll need one.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 4,200
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Do you have a CDL? You'll need one.
Varies by state and, so far, we don't know where the OP is or what bus he is considering.

If he is in WA and the bus has a gvrw 26,000 lbs or less then no CDL required.

Clear as can be on their website.

https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/cdlrequired.html
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:23 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 5,748
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Varies by state and, so far, we don't know where the OP is or what bus he is considering.

If he is in WA and the bus has a gvrw 26,000 lbs or less then no CDL required.

Clear as can be on their website.

https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/cdlrequired.html
He's running a business out of it, he'll need a CDL.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #6
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 4,200
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
He's running a business out of it, he'll need a CDL.
Depends on the laws of the state he is in.



If he is in WA It is very clear that if he is not carrying 16 people or weigh over 26k he would not need a CDL.

Click on the link I posted. It has a very simple to follow flow chart entitled "do I need a CDL?"
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:04 AM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarBQ Bus View Post
Hello,
This is BarBQ. I got a good deal (I hope) on a 2009 IC 3000. I got a great idea (I hope) to convert the bus into a BarBQ restaurant on wheels. I will install a galley kitchen: electric smoker, sink, refrigerator, prep table, serving window, etc. The remaining seats will be criscrossed to make booth seating with a leaf table. A RV style toilet will be installed. Awnings, with picnic tables will be outside. Of course, the plumbing and electrical to make it all work will have to be done.
I would like to find someone who could help me do the retrofitting. Please respond if you are interested.
This is BarBQ again. I am in Columbia SC. Thanks for the insight on a CDL; that is not a problem.
BarBQ Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #8
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarBQ Bus View Post
This is BarBQ again. I am in Columbia SC. Thanks for the insight on a CDL; that is not a problem.
You can fill out the "About Me" tab in your profile with location and bus info. It would come in handy for any future questions. Do you offer free samples?
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.