Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #1

Year: 1994
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: International 7.3 Diesel
'BLUE'bird in the Breezeweigh

Yep, you guessed it, I just bought a bluebird (94 Int, 7.3/AT545), and I'm calling it the Breezeweigh - I even have the website if I get ambitious enough to complete it. I collect music gear(GAS) and this is primarily going to be my road trip vehicle. I also bought some land in Wyoming in 2015 and this will be the land yacht that takes me there! I've seen some cool designs so far; solar panels, compost toilets, horizontal sliders, woodstoves, skylights,... Pick it up on the 17th and then to begin the design. Looking forward to it.

oh2binmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Welcome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2binmi View Post
Yep, you guessed it, I just bought a bluebird (94 Int, 7.3/AT545), and I'm calling it the Breezeweigh - I even have the website if I get ambitious enough to complete it. I collect music gear(GAS) and this is primarily going to be my road trip vehicle. I also bought some land in Wyoming in 2015 and this will be the land yacht that takes me there! I've seen some cool designs so far; solar panels, compost toilets, horizontal sliders, woodstoves, skylights,... Pick it up on the 17th and then to begin the design. Looking forward to it.
I'm sorry to hear about your affliction. I share your same condition and understand that no cure exists yet.

I got my first couple guitars in the 80's- standard yamaha acoustic and hot pink hockey stick Kramer w real Floyd. I was fine with that combo for many, many years. Until I got a Line 6 Pod.

Once I heard the sweet tones of some classic amps I was hooked. I didn't want a modeler- I wanted the real-deal. I wanted a Dumble. Now, we all know why I didn't go out and buy one, so I made one. I was ok for awhile, until I realized I didn't have a Silver Jubilee. So I made one of those, too. Chasing greenbacks and alnico led to custom cabinets.

After making the Trainwreck Rocket, I turned my attention to the glowing things in the back that had the mojo inside.....another dark chapter in itself. On to to making pedals out of unobtanium....building guitars...ugghh.

I share your pain.

Luckily, buses are not addictive nor do they cause compulsions. Rock-on !!!
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 93
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 idi
Hell yeah rock on. Music and buses it will never end now
Greatestrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your affliction. I share your same condition and understand that no cure exists yet.

After making the Trainwreck Rocket, I turned my attention to the glowing things in the back that had the mojo inside.....another dark chapter in itself. I share your pain.
Dude, are making your own vacuum tubes? This I gotta see!
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #5
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
Dude, are making your own vacuum tubes? This I gotta see!
no, luckily it didn't get that bad. I bought vintage tube test equipment and NOS tubes, Russian stuff....Trying to find the 'perfect' combo. Then I realized it wasn't the equipment, it was my crappy ear !!!
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote