Old 12-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
yes I'm in Ontario, I'll try to answer you as best as I can, first you figure out which 4 things you want to make it a motor home, as for seats,that might be tricky to leave a bunch of seats in, one thing for sure is they will need seat belts because its a motor home, MTO should be able answer you, just don't ask the insurance company. I would think that you should be able to have as many seats as you want as long its a rv,maybe research new rvs and see if any have room to sit 10 people. Your G license is good for 11000kgs, if you haul more then 8 people you need a F license , but thats only for commercial work.
gbstewart
Old 12-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: Ford F450
Engine: 7.3 L
Thanks Yes, you would think finding answers with the MTO would have been simple. It's been multiple visits and calls to many offices, and I am left with going back to the first number now after the office I visited couldn't get the answers either. I see this will be a bit of work to dig up.

Let's talk about those 4 things: There are 6 criteria out of which at least 4 must be met for it to qualify:
1). Cooking facilities
The clamp on bbq from the boat won't work...I assume. What are the requirements, that it needs to be bolted into the vehicle?
2). Refrigerator/ice box
I understand my cooler that plugs into the lighter won't be sufficient...?
3). Self contained toilet
This one I do think will work with the boat version moved to the bus, however it has to be in a vented space, correct?
4). Heating/air conditioning system
This is the one that boggles us all a bit...the bus comes with heat and AC. Is that sufficient?
5). Portable water facilities
Would it work to have a water cooler tank installed with a spigot into a sink?
6). Independant electrical supply.
We have a generator for the bus...what needs to be altered or configured to meet this requirement?

Clearly I need a set of regulations to follow in order to determine which of these will be best...?
ReleaseTheKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
For cooking you can use a propane camp stove, as long as you can set it up on a counter, u don't have to have A/C, but for the heat source it has to be separate system from the bus IE; a propane heater, for water a 2 jugs will work one for a fresh water holding tank, other for grey water tank, your generator will work for a alternate power source. you will have to wire it into the bus. In a nut shell, all this means is that the RV part of the bus is its own set up, make a kitchen,a bathroom with a portapoty(all in one toilet) Put in a electrical box with a few breakers and some outlets hook it to you generator, or a cord and plug in somewhere.Your 12v cooler will work as a fridge. You will see lots on the this site for ways to set up, just dont over think things, do some reading and it will come together for you. Use the MTO web site for the info you need, print it off and bring it with you when you go to get your registration.
gbstewart
Old 12-30-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

You just made this much easier Thank you!!!!
Old 06-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

And we are done! Put a fork in her and start her up!! Convert a washed up shuttle bus into the ultimate Family Adventure Mobile