Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #1

Crushed the auction, Now it begins, Hi World

Hi ALL, I am Jim in Jacksonville Florida and owner of a 2006/7 Thomas Saf-t-Liner 30ft 7 window handicap bus. I am going to make it into a skoolie. Tell me all you know, I come in peace!!!

jimmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
welcome! There are a bunch of knowledgeable people on this forum. (I'm not one of them)
So you shouldn't have any trouble getting tech help.
Sounds like your bus is similar to mine ("o5 Thmas) except mine is still in Maryland waiting for the weather to cooperate for exterior paint.
So, How did you "crush it" at the auction?
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #3

Hi BarnYard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnYardCamp View Post
welcome! There are a bunch of knowledgeable people on this forum. (I'm not one of them)
So you shouldn't have any trouble getting tech help.
Sounds like your bus is similar to mine ("o5 Thmas) except mine is still in Maryland waiting for the weather to cooperate for exterior paint.
So, How did you "crush it" at the auction?
Thank you for saying Hi! What colors are you using? I am doing a SpaceX theme, Midnight Blue and highlights Metallic Silver. White roof. I " crushed it" by bidding and bidding, then I bid harder!!
Did you sell your seats or handi lift? On what and for how much? I want to recycle as much as possible for 💰!!!
Attached Thumbnails
0122201420_HDR_01.jpg  
jimmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
The plan is white roof over navy blue..I wanted a color easily matched from a rattle can so when a cover a few windows I can match the color w/o having to go back to a paint shop.
Haven't started on the bus yet since I purchased it in October it's still sitting in southern Maryland waiting for the exterior paint work to get done. Using the same guy in painted my first bus back in '97. The seller is going to remove and keep the handi cap lift, the seats I'll offer to the local school districts...my experience is that you can't give the seats away so most likely I'll strip them down, recycle the frames and trash the rest. If I don't buy a RV dining table - bed combo I may keep 1 or 2 seats to use with the dining table.
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:52 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: MVP ER
Engine: CAT 3126
The dump took my seats for about $62. Later realized I should've stripped the foam off and taken it to a metal recycler. 1,400 lbs of seats might have actually fetched a bit of money.
Truthseeker4449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:41 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
sometimes the seat frames are good for the metal if you need steel tubing or want to build cages, etc. you can weld them together.. I used a couple seats for Battery Cages in my dev bus.. cut the backs off and used the bottom frames..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote