Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2017, 08:07 AM   #1

Year: 1993
Engine: 427 chevy block
Electrical

Hey guys!
For our conversion we are looking into the inergy Kodiak. From the research I can see it has awesome features. The fridge is probably the only thing we want running all the time, and I want one of the snow master or something similar.
Do you guys think I should keep the fridge near the kodiak or can we somehow extend the connection. I should mention we plan on living on our skoolie full time. So there are more things to consider than just the fridge.

2LOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LOTR View Post
Hey guys!
For our conversion we are looking into the inergy Kodiak. From the research I can see it has awesome features. The fridge is probably the only thing we want running all the time, and I want one of the snow master or something similar.
Do you guys think I should keep the fridge near the kodiak or can we somehow extend the connection. I should mention we plan on living on our skoolie full time. So there are more things to consider than just the fridge.
Hello
Just for clarification, the inergy Kodiak is a generator and the snow master is a refrigerator?
Old 12-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LOTR View Post
Hey guys!
Keep 12V appliances as close to the power supply as is reasonable and go a size up on the recommended wire gauge.

120V appliances can be anywhere with regular 14-gauge wire for mains power.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
I'm really interested in this Kodiak "solar generator". Seems to me it's, basically, a battery, inverter and charge controller all put in a pretty package. I've briefly looked into solar and was leaning toward one of the Renogy packages on Amazon. This Kodiak seems even easier....more plug-and-play, though probably more expensive in the long run. It's got a certain appeal though, because it's so simple.

I can't find much in the way of reviews or information on the capacities of this system and if it's a reasonable package for full timing in an RV. Our needs would be pretty normal, fridge, laptops, TV and 12V lighting.

If we could just wire this up to our electrical panel and stow the generator under a table, that would be pretty sweet.
Drew Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I think that the "plug and play" solutions that are popping up are novel but you may be better served to figure out what system size that you need to support YOUR loads and purchase an appropriately configured kit.

Or, if you want to save some $$, design a system that fits your needs and shop the components.

Just my $0.02
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
That's my theory. Find a prepackaged system, then break it down to find the individual components. It's cheaper.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Chassis: Step Van
Engine: Prefer Diesel
Rated Cap: 14'-16' Step Van
Have to 3rd on that. My 4 300W Kyrocia Panels, AIMS 3K/6K inverter/ charger, Midnight Solar Classic Charge Controler, 8 Duracell GC2 batteries, Cables, Fuses, etc come to these stats. I know of NO all in one or pre-packaged solution that can come close.

1.2Kwatt of solar on a true MPPT charger to 860ah of storage. On an inverter that can run everything at once (except ac and microwave at same time).
Cost $3200 total.
Add in the 3000/3500 watt inverter generator and I wont need shore power for quite some time.

Build your own
Doug
Defjr333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #8

Yes , it's a freezer fridge with adjustable temp. It has two compartments Either 1 can be the icebox. Its pretty cool!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #9

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!