Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Year: 1978
Rated Cap: 70 something
Falling in love

Falling in love with 1979 International, 40 footer that has been modified to have 15 foot open deck on back with open loft access from deck. All seats out, has added airconditioning and twin beds. Was used to attend Highschool football and parades in my home town. They used the open loft as seating for parades. Thinking solar or sleeping area for loft. Loft has 20" walls, no roof and floor reinforced, welded diamond pattern metal I've seen used for toolboxes and truck beds. Question - should I go for it or is it too old? Can't quit dreaming about it and what I can do with it. This would be my first bus. Seller asking $3000. Runs but would need new belts & hoses, 2 new tires.

Kwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Coachwork: BB
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 25.999K
Jump on this d@mn Bandwagon!!

I don't know anything about your deal, except tires can be quite pricey... I DO KNOW you need a bus!!! If this isn't the right one for you, then wait: the right one will find you soon enough!
SDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #3

Year: 1978
Rated Cap: 70 something
Sorry folks- I didn't really introduce myself. I am a 57yr young female who knows jack about bus conversion but have been researching and drooling over them for years. Mentioned my age and sex to say I have no experience with electricAL or the motor nor do I want to learn. I can do woodwork, insulation, painting etc. Looking at a 1979 International that has the basics done. Will send pics after 3 more posts. Hubby can take care of motor & tires. I need advice on what to look for besides rust.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
3k is a small price for anything i dream about

However i have noticed a odd phenomenon of obsessive dreams about things as a warning sign. Bought an old motorcycle i had been dreaming about and it had a bad motor, after tons of work never got it to run properly and sold it at a loss.

Sometimes i will ask my dreams if i may have a clear sign.

good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:24 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
3k is a small price for anything i dream about

However i have noticed a odd phenomenon of obsessive dreams about things as a warning sign. Bought an old motorcycle i had been dreaming about and it had a bad motor, after tons of work never got it to run properly and sold it at a loss.

Sometimes i will ask my dreams if i may have a clear sign.

good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote