Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #1

Family of 4 working towards living that bus life

Hello,
We Have been researching Bus Life for about a year and have had some life changes that are “gifting” (silver lining) us the opportunity to make our dreams come true.
We are beginners in every sense of the word when it comes to mechanics and construction but we are hard working and fast learners and are ready to find our bus. Seats removed to partially converted preferred.
Hope our little intro finds you happy and healthy this Sunday. Please let us know if you have tips or suggestions for locating buses in or around FL/GA/TN/AL as we are willing to travel for the right bus. Thanks and hope to see ya on the road in the near future.

Bowser Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Nice, welcome to the forum.
I've got a few buses if you'd like to come look em over sometime. My wife and I try to meet as many bus folks as we can especially ones in the FL area.
One thing though- we do already have a "Bowser" bus in central FL. Its a light greenish color.

There have been some really nice buses popping up lately. What kind of bus you want?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Nice, welcome to the forum.
I've got a few buses if you'd like to come look em over sometime. My wife and I try to meet as many bus folks as we can especially ones in the FL area.
One thing though- we do already have a "Bowser" bus in central FL. Its a light greenish color.

There have been some really nice buses popping up lately. What kind of bus you want?
Haha! They had better be Bowser’s! We figured we’d know what to name our bus once we find her.
Do you have buses with seats removed? We would be very interested in checking out what you have. Could come out tomorrow if you are available.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser Family View Post
Haha! They had better be Bowser’s! We figured we’d know what to name our bus once we find her.
Do you have buses with seats removed? We would be very interested in checking out what you have. Could come out tomorrow if you are available.
I only own one of the three but they all run and drive if you want to drive around in one or something. Two have seats removed.
I think one is for sale sorta. I'll pm you my number. I don't have much going on tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #5

That would be awesome, thank you. And if for nothing more than to meet another local Bus Person but I have a feeling we’d walk away with a bit more knowledge
Old 02-24-2019, 06:12 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser Family View Post
That would be awesome, thank you. And if for nothing more than to meet another local Bus Person but I have a feeling we’d walk away with a bit more knowledge
I'm on bus #5. I've not gotten past gutting and roof raising, but I'd be glad to help any way I can.