Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2018, 03:31 AM   #1

Year: 2008
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Savana cutaway chassis
Engine: 6.6 Duramax
Rated Cap: 8 pass, 2 wheelchair=10
Smile Finally did it

I have been looking to buy an RV for years. I would rent one twice a year but wasn’t happy with thier construction. I started looking at bread trucks and box trucks with the thought of converting them into an RV. Then I noticed an older man who lived in a graffiti covered short bus . He lives in it year round.In the winter he parks it under the Staten Island Expressway where I would see smoke coming from his wood burning stove and in the summer he parks it by the beach with the doors open enjoying the breeze.This looked way more appealing than an RV. ( I will take a pic of his shortie and post it the next time I see him.) I have a Dodge Dakota with a high cap and a tailgate tent that I sleep in roughly 10-15 times a year. I do a lot of camping with my family and last month on 2 separate occasions I woke up with puddles on my matress. I have spend countless hours on YouTube and this great site reading and doing research. I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a shortie. I am psyched to pick it up and start the conversion.

Carlssiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shortie