Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2017, 12:55 PM   #1

Year: 2003
Chassis: 3000
Engine: 7.3 diesel International
Rated Cap: 76
For the love of Bus

Hi, All!
I sure wish this forum existed when I first started my bus affairs in 1994!

I'm a mother of 3 and in the process of converting my 3rd bus to take my kids on the road for adventure and academics. I love bus life and hope they do too 💚

My first try at bus life was at age 17. I got a 1956 Dodge school bus. Her name was Katie Pilla. She was a beautiful beast and hard to drive but I loved her so much.

My second bus I got at age 19 and kept her on the road for 12 years! Luvena Bus was a 1977 International Loadstar 1700 with a 345, manual with air brakes. Her conversion had many incarnations; each getting better with as my abilities matured. She was outfitted with solar panels and was just lovely on the inside albeit with amature carpentry work and pure dedication.

My newest addition has yet to be named. She is a 2003 International 7.3 diesel, automatic with drum brakes. I love her!!! Everything about her conversion sustainable so far. I milled the cedar for her walls, got bamboo t&g flooring, and am canabalizing a 2009 coachmen I won at auction for $400. She is coming along great. I've insured her and am about to go for our RV inspection in Arkansas.

Dreamweaversguild is offline   Reply With Quote