Old 11-17-2016, 08:43 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler View Post
Great price but I'm no mechanic and I can't afford to buy too many problems. I'm expecting to need some maintenance and mechanical repairs but I can't take that on. I need something a little more road ready.

Phase one will be pretty spartan and spare. I want to do a month or more full time before I settle on final floor plan.
Zizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler View Post
oh and regarding a bathroom/shower type thing,, we were just pondering the idea of a little pull trailer or a free standing trailer on the hitch with added welded supports to withstand over 500 lbs. that way we could still have ample amount of space inside the bus and be able to still use the restroom, a huge step up from living in the conversion van.
I'm torn about the trailer.

A tow bar could be useful even just to hang a work box off the back.

I would need to learn to ride one but a motor cycle off the back would be a great grocery getter.

I've considered towing a smallish sedan to use as an Uber/Lyft car but I'm not sure if you can move city to city as a driver. I have not done much research in to that.

A trailer for storage has crossed my mind. I've also considered something of a mobile workshop with tools and a geni.

I think for now the toilet goes inside and camp ground showers, gym showers (Planet Fitness/Anytime Fitness) and sponge baths will have to do.

If I can get a Type B in good shape then I will certainly revisit this.
Zizzer is offline   Reply With Quote