Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #1

Talking Got the bus 5/21/17!!

Aloha all!

I am stoked to be a part of your fantastic community! My awesome partner and I just purchased our bus on Sunday and so far have most of the seats out. The adventure begins!

In October, he will be medically retiring from the US Navy after nearly 14 years of service. He was on the fast track to 20 years, a mortgage and all the other humdrum of a "normal life"- then he met me. I lived in my car for a stint and work as a Jane-of-all-trade to make ends meet and afford music festivals and my plethora of artistic hobbies. He quickly fell in love with the idea of a bus conversion and getting to travel the country. Fast forward 3 years, and here we are, the proud owners of a 1997 Thomas diesel flat nose.

We have been thrown some curve balls, as of late. His car literally fell apart while he was driving it a few weeks ago. We are currently sharing one vehicle, which wouldn't be an issue if one of my jobs was not with a delivery service. Speaking of being a delivery driver, I was rear-ended last week while working. We really cannot afford these issues at the moment, but we are making it work. We set up a gofundme page, but it seems we don't really know anyone willing to give us a hand. (I also do not have any social media, so I can't share it) If any of you would be kind enough to give it a read or share, we would be so grateful. https://www.gofundme.com/veteran-victory-lap

Anywho, I really just wanted to take a moment and say thank you and hello to all of the helpful and incredibly knowledgeable folks on this site. Many times, we have used these forums for info and ideas and we wouldn't be as far as we are without you! Thanks for being a great group of people trying to live an awesome life, because life is about paying it forward and having fun, right?

nvdewolfe is offline   Reply With Quote