Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Greetings

Hello,

Awesome site, my wife and I have been interested in traveling in a RV/bus for a few years now. We have decided to do a bus conversion, looking to purchase within the next month or so. We have three kids, 17, 15, and 5; we also have a very large dog and cat that will be along for our travels. For now , we want a camping vehicle for weekend and extended week trips, hoping to travel for a few months straight this upcoming fall/winter. Were thinking of having a roof top tent for additional space for when we get to National Parks and BLM land.

Weve been watching youtube videos of the conversion process and lifestyle, Im hoping to build something like Jax Austin's "Dan the Van, just a tad bigger, thinking 34 passenger. Tried posting this earlier, realized I can't post links yet.


Looking forward to learning from everyone!

NH
NomadicHermits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,152
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicHermits View Post
Hello,

Awesome site, my wife and I have been interested in traveling in a RV/bus for a few years now. We have decided to do a bus conversion, looking to purchase within the next month or so. We have three kids, 17, 15, and 5; we also have a very large dog and cat that will be along for our travels. For now , we want a camping vehicle for weekend and extended week trips, hoping to travel for a few months straight this upcoming fall/winter. Were thinking of having a roof top tent for additional space for when we get to National Parks and BLM land.

Weve been watching youtube videos of the conversion process and lifestyle, Im hoping to build something like Jax Austin's "Dan the Van, just a tad bigger, thinking 34 passenger. Tried posting this earlier, realized I can't post links yet.


Looking forward to learning from everyone!

NH
You need only 5 posts to post link, but don't post whore to get there.
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
You need only 5 posts to post link, but don't post whore to get there.
Yeah, we wouldn't want people just saying random things to get their post counts up.

How about them Bears ???

Welcome. Be patient getting bus- read on engine/transmissions/brakes first so you speak the lingo. READ !!!!

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Say what?

Recent conversations indicate 5 or 10 posts minimum before new member are able to post a link. It's a spam control issue and it works.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
joeblack5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pa
Posts: 1,420
Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford e350 2 mercedes
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Not sure that it does a lot of posts( like this one) add very little to the bus knowledge and sure make the search function for specific information useless.
Onwards

later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Useless...? It was just a new member introduction, lol. Rusty, thanks for the response and adding the link. Ill do my best to not post whore. Peace
NomadicHermits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
joeblack5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pa
Posts: 1,420
Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford e350 2 mercedes
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
No offence to you Nomadic. It was my post that was useless. Just the outside temperature that allows for more time being unproductive. I think my relative lack of exposure to social media makes me more aware that this site has a lot of activity about "what breakfast one had in the morning" Because it is hardly organized information is not easily accessed. So it gets repeated over and over. Probably that is good for the commercials?

end of rant.

good luck.
later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #8
Bus Nut
 
plfking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: N.C.
Posts: 802
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Welcome to the site, and good luck in your search. Read all you can and ask questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicHermits View Post
Ill do my best to not post whore. Peace
Funny to me that a guy who's only been on here a couple of weeks and is closing in on 300 posts would direct a newbie 'not to post whore'. Post what you want.....if it gets out of hand, I'm sure a real moderator will let you know.

Are your kids on board with this, or is it 'just another one of dad's crazy ideas'?


Don
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:29 PM   #9
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,152
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by plfking View Post
Welcome to the site, and good luck in your search. Read all you can and ask questions.



Funny to me that a guy who's only been on here a couple of weeks and is closing in on 300 posts would direct a newbie 'not to post whore'. Post what you want.....if it gets out of hand, I'm sure a real moderator will let you know.

Are your kids on board with this, or is it 'just another one of dad's crazy ideas'?


Don
What does my post count have to do with what the rules say. Do you know what the rule is?
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #10
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Paragraph IV, Sec. 7 clearly states:

Thou shalt not shitpost.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/misc.p...ork&page=rules
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.