Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 05:33 AM   #1

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Buses
Chassis: FS-65
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Liter 24 Valve
Rated Cap: 71
Greetings from Michigan

Hello everyone, my name is Andy. My wife and I have been wanting a bus to convert for many years now. She saw an ad on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago for a 2002 Thomas Freightliner that was close to us, so we went and looked at it. The bus was solid, with a remanufactured Cummins engine and new steer tires, and it had passed inspection and was in service as recently as last year. It looked like a great bus for the price, and the next day my loan was approved. I picked the bus up the following Monday, and on Tuesday most of the seats were already removed.
Our plan is to build an RV that we can take to Nascar races, with a master bedroom in the rear, a small bathroom and closet, a pair of bunks on either side, and a nice kitchen and living area toward the front. We have an old popup camper that we have removed the sink and stove from to use in the bus. We have a lot of ideas as to what we want to do, and now need to incorporate those design elements into the space we have. We are looking forward to the maiden voyage, planned for the August race at Michigan Speedway, and look forward to getting to know all of you and your busses.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome and post lots of pictures.

Mom was right....you got to be "special" to buy a bus and convert it.
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote