Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

Greetings from someone who has started the first steps towards skoolie life!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Guia and I'm honored to be part of this online community. I joined because I recently decided to take the first steps towards the bus life!

My boyfriend chases white water for a living. In the next year I hope to join him on his travels. One of the reasons we started dating was a shared desire to live in a tiny mobile home. We are in the very early planning stages. I have so many questions!

First, how can I utilize this site to find answers to my, what I'll call, introductory questions? These questions are very general as I am just gathering stories right now to gain a big picture before I try to implement some actual life changes. I'm asking if there's a better spot on this site to launch my questions or if this intro forum is the best bet? Just want to be mindful as I'm new to this site.

Thank you and I'm so excited to pick all of your brains!

Cheers,
Guia

guiapet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:06 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Welcome!

I'd suggest to just start reading. If you know what size/type of bus you want (full-size, short, skoolie), then start poking around in those sections.

Otherwise, I'd just start on the home page, in the "recent threads." Just see what people are talking about. If it looks interesting/you see something you like, then go back and read the thread from the start. That's an easy way to see what everyone else is doing.

Also check out the "skoolie life" and "everything else" forums - there's a lot of general discussion there.

Also, if you can post a bit more about what you want to do, people can chime in with a bit better/more detailed advice to point you in the right direction(s) on what to look at / research. It never hurts to just spend a few minutes, and come up with an idea of what you want to do (forget the technical stuff for a minute), and people can help point you in the right direction.
Mark_In_MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #3

Thank you Mark_In_MA - will definitely do all you suggest!
guiapet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, preliminary questions, where to start