Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #1

Greetings! We have BIG plans!

Hey all- I have been a fulltimer for 2 years in an old beat-up RV in the Midwest and have recently gotten an apartment with my girlfriend. We are planning an incredible Skoolie build and want to go "all out" with green efficient and stylish plans for a pimped out apartment that is arctic worthy and durable. We're talking solar panels, roof raise, indoor garden, veggie engine, wood stove, rainwater collection, solar/wood/veggie thermosiphon floor heating, indoor tanks, roof deck, hardwood floors, etc. etc. etc. We can't wait!

We will be planning/saving for a few years and I created this profile to say hello, ask questions, and be a part of the community. Thanks for letting us snoop around and happy holidays!

Jason and Jean

jasonsulliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Yes, welcome!
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Skoolie

Very cool, I admire all and will employ some of your aspirations. It's all very doable when you have that much space to work with. "Stylish and pimped out" doesn't always go well with the dirty details of refining veggie oil, but I'm not sure if you're trying to do that on the bus or not.

I'm very much into the idea of using hydronic floor heating in conjunction with thermal mass heater, it solves so many issues and really provides that extra level of comfort. You can even make the stove itself burn many types of fuel for ultimate adaptability.

Wish you luck on your project, consider yourself lucky to have a woman whos down for that lifestyle. Maybe she has a sister?