Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #1

Hello

hello DMP here.

just joined today and wanted to say hello

i have built a few projects in the past... but never an RV. they have always been for Sound. Latest build was a location recording bus for live concert recording.

ive been in the bizz for 40years and will retire soon.... i hope... they keep calling me ....

im planning on selling my small bus and using that money to purchase a small flat nose... i will try and post a photo that i saw here of the bus im looking for.

im in NY... Long Island. and i havent seen any of this type around here. and i find it hard to purchase a bus... unseen or checked out by someone? auctions kinda scare me that way.... plus add shipping...

price wise im thinking around the 5000. range... am i crazy... i see them here and there for around that price. anything more and i might as well get another GMC4106 and rebuild that. but i thought building the small skoolie would be fun....

this is what im looking for....

DMP Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMP Sound View Post
hello DMP here.

just joined today and wanted to say hello

i have built a few projects in the past... but never an RV. they have always been for Sound. Latest build was a location recording bus for live concert recording.

ive been in the bizz for 40years and will retire soon.... i hope... they keep calling me ....

im planning on selling my small bus and using that money to purchase a small flat nose... i will try and post a photo that i saw here of the bus im looking for.

im in NY... Long Island. and i havent seen any of this type around here. and i find it hard to purchase a bus... unseen or checked out by someone? auctions kinda scare me that way.... plus add shipping...

price wise im thinking around the 5000. range... am i crazy... i see them here and there for around that price. anything more and i might as well get another GMC4106 and rebuild that. but i thought building the small skoolie would be fun....

this is what im looking for....
Hi DMP!

Welcome! I bought my bus (link below) sight unseen and drove it nearly 1100 miles from VA to south Florida with no problems. I was able to call the seller and ask lots of questions about the bus.

Many of us believe that buying from a county school district is the way to go because the buses are maintained well and you can get the service records.

Here's the link: Public Surplus: Auction #1682539 As you can see, I got a 2003 for just over $2000. I've had her 3 months now and LOVE HER. I'm living on it already!

Sounds like a cool business you've been in! Again, welcome!

Sandi

Progress on my bus here: www.thismidwifetravels.com
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the info and smooth building on yours.... its hard to bid on something you havent seen. this is going to be a tough one for me.

i will sell my little bus on craigs local so people can come and check it out and drive it and see if the work that has been done might suit their needs... i may even try to sell her fitted out with all the gear in her first? never know. i dont really need this one anymore. just keeping the big bus for now.

thanks agian
dave
DMP Sound is offline   Reply With Quote