Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2017, 03:50 PM   #1

Hello!

My name is Brandon, and my wife is Ashton. We are in the preplanning phase of buying our bus and are both very excited to be a part of this community. I'll be in charge of our technical aspects of the bus while Ashton is in charge of the creative/aesthetic aspect. We have a nearly three year old daughter that will be a part of this adventure as well. Our goal is to have a bus that is livable year round and can travel with our festival circuit. We have a few leads on busses nearby but still lack the funds to buy and renovate it. Hopefully I can learn some interesting things on this site!

Mondoux-Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 44 or 66? 11 rows
Welcome! I'm happy that you've found the group: you will be completely astonished at the depth and scope of the information you will find here. Happy reading!
Dapplecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Welcome! Very exciting!

Good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:12 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Since it sounds as if you will be doing this conversion on a budget, don't go cheap on the bus.

The actual cost of converting the bus will be pretty much same regardless of which bus you actually purchase.

But if you get a bus with the amenities you would prefer (air brakes, big HP, big transmission, highway gearing, etc.) you will most likely spend less $$$$ in the long run.

Don't fixate on a particular bus. If it gets sold before you can finalize a deal I can guarantee you there will be another bus that will come along. Many times it will be in better condition, have better spe'c's, and most probably cost less.

One of the most important things not to purchase is a bus with rust. A little might be fixable but a lot will be a cancer that will continue eating away at your bus until it collapses in on itself.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Welcome to our skoolie family!

You will glean an amazing amount of info from everyone here!

Sandi
www.thismidwifetravels.com
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote