Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Hello :)

hey guys,

I've been lurking on this forum for over a year, was invaluable during the conversion process... time to say hi lol

uhhh bus first I guess.

I've got a 95 Thomas vista/international 3600 w/ a t444e + at545 ally trans. air ride in the rear, air brakes. 11 window. fully converted (while I think it is, my wife might disagree lol).

I've got spray foam insulation filling the walls below the windows, all the seats removed, nice carpeting run through the front 1/3 and back 1/3 with stick down linoleum in the middle section. two big counters in the kitchen, one with a sink that drains into a 5g bucket, lots of storage beneath both, and they cover the wheelwells + rear heater. heater still has breathing room tho. have a mini fridge/freezer combo and an instant pot to cook with

rear 1/3 has a queen mattress on a frame I built that has built in jacks in all 4 corners so the dog always sleeps level lol. front 1/3 has a big couch, recliner, and a large wood stove. stove chimney goes straight up through the roof stopping at 12' from the ground in height (i think it's about 5.5' of chimney total, might be more).

A/C power through a 3000w "love's truck stop brand" inverter drawing off a 2445cca/345ah dual purpose battery bank, which charges off the inverter. powers the fridge and the kids laptops for 2 or 3 days, but any "high wattage" appliance like power tools or the instant pot i need to idle for.

about us

my wife, 2 kids, dog and I have been full-timing/boondocking for … 4? years. time flies lol. first had a '90 vandura high top that made it to both coasts before saying it's goodbyes, then a series of .. unsuccessful .. vehicles that left me with a distinct dislike of 454's .. then in January of uh the year before this one lol - we bought a bus in iowa, drove it to Milwaukee, wi, and my son and I converted it while parked in a park n ride on the edge of the city.

we finished it in the end of march that same year and bounced around Wisconsin till mosquito season and have hit both coasts since. just (exactly 20 days ago lol, but what year is it again?) a little spot of land in wisco to park on that allows camping on the land. yeah the neighbors are .. getting used to us lol.

we fund our adventures by going to college online full-time, and homeschool our kids - 10 and … i think 9? years old... yeah 9.

anyways, if your in Wisconsin, and see me, don't knock just holler - knocking erks the dog for some reason lol.

superbusWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

edit: battery bank charges off the *alternator* - I do wish it charged itself off the inverter though
superbusWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:54 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbusWI View Post
we fund our adventures by going to college online full-time
Now you have my interest up ... how do you fund your adventures by going to college online?
Native is offline   Reply With Quote