Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2017, 12:41 PM   #41
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Posts: 1,385
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: B3800 Short bus
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 36
I checked out the video. If that's all the play you have in the clutch then something is likely wrong (as you presumed). The clutch should practically go to the floor. If you can't get it there then something is rusted in place or misadjusted.
__________________
My build page: Armageddon - The Smell of Airborne Rust
jazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie
 
pearldovelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazty View Post
I checked out the video. If that's all the play you have in the clutch then something is likely wrong (as you presumed). The clutch should practically go to the floor. If you can't get it there then something is rusted in place or misadjusted.
Okay thank you I will have to have the mechanic come back out then

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
pearldovelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:53 PM   #43
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 399
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas Vista
Chassis: International 3600
Engine: Navistar T444E 7.3 Turbo Diesel
If the master and slave cylinders are mismatched that could lead to strange behavior. You mentioned before that the slave cylinder had been changed, are you certain the master wasn't also changed?

Your pedal should go pretty much to the floor under normal circumstances. That lowers the pressure required at the pedal by spreading the move over a longer travel. If your short travel push is actually moving the slave to its maximum amount, it could be a mismatched set.
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #44
Mini-Skoolie
 
pearldovelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
If the master and slave cylinders are mismatched that could lead to strange behavior. You mentioned before that the slave cylinder had been changed, are you certain the master wasn't also changed?

Your pedal should go pretty much to the floor under normal circumstances. That lowers the pressure required at the pedal by spreading the move over a longer travel. If your short travel push is actually moving the slave to its maximum amount, it could be a mismatched set.
The slave and master I replaced from what I found to be originals. The master that was in it when I got the bus was obviously a replacement that wasn't correct plus when I bought the slave cylinder and master cylinder I bought them together at napa. Rust sounds really likely to me like maybe the plate isn't rusted to something but if it has been like this for awhile there is rust in the way of letting it move further? Idk if that's a possibility or not, but my mechanic should be able to come over on Friday and maybe he will be able to figure it out.
I found a clutch I just haven't ordered it yet because I was unsure if I needed it.
I'm feeling like I need a new one agian but really hoping it's just some adjustments like you say even if it is that the slave cylinder and master don't match that would be better than the whole clutch!

Currently I'm just trying to find a close place to park our bus until we can get everything fixed properly, since I need to be out of where I am by the end of the day on friday..

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
pearldovelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:48 PM   #45
Mini-Skoolie
 
pearldovelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
So if it ends up that I need to replace the clutch I found this one but I don't know if it will work I would want to be sure it was the right one before I ordered it https://m.summitracing.com/parts/mcl-75109

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
pearldovelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #46
Mini-Skoolie
 
pearldovelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Also I found this. It says the flywheel is interchangeable, could that mean the clutch is too?...I hope so because the only thing close to finding one is that clutch I posted before. I feel like this is the most difficult engine for me to have ever come across.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
pearldovelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:23 AM   #47
Mini-Skoolie
 
pearldovelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
I have found a place that can supply me with a clutch I believe I'm not getting the right movement from the fork like there is blockage of some sort everything else is in working order since this means the transmission will have to be taken apart anyway I'm going to just replace the clutch so I have a new one in there.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
pearldovelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:13 AM   #48
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winlcok, WA
Posts: 1,549
Here is some information on the Poly 318.

It is a great engine and should move your bus down the road really well.

I know the one I had in a 3/4-ton pickup had more power than any other pickup I have ever driven. Including a Ford with a 460.

Video: What Is A Mopar 318 Polysphere And How Come Nobody Likes It? - Street Muscle

The problems you are most probably having in regards to finding the correct clutch is the clutch in your bus is NOT going to be the same as what was in a car or light truck. It most likely is much larger. You will be best served by taking the old clutch, cover, and throw out bearing with you to the parts store so they can actually see what you have.

You may have to consider refacing the flywheel if it has been damaged from being stuck to the clutch face.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #49
Mini-Skoolie
 
pearldovelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
Here is some information on the Poly 318.

It is a great engine and should move your bus down the road really well.

I know the one I had in a 3/4-ton pickup had more power than any other pickup I have ever driven. Including a Ford with a 460.

Video: What Is A Mopar 318 Polysphere And How Come Nobody Likes It? - Street Muscle

The problems you are most probably having in regards to finding the correct clutch is the clutch in your bus is NOT going to be the same as what was in a car or light truck. It most likely is much larger. You will be best served by taking the old clutch, cover, and throw out bearing with you to the parts store so they can actually see what you have.

You may have to consider refacing the flywheel if it has been damaged from being stuck to the clutch face.
Yes I agree with all of that I found this place called hr clutch and they actually specialize in clutches and they had an old catalog that they were able to find my bus in may I'm going to take pictures and measurements of everything before I order the clutch so that it is they right one they are pretty sure they have it in Stock but would be able to manufacture one for me if they dont. They could also get me a new fly wheel but I would most likely just get it resurfaced. I do think this engine will be great it needs some things to be running at its best but from what I have learned it is a great motor.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
pearldovelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #50
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 399
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas Vista
Chassis: International 3600
Engine: Navistar T444E 7.3 Turbo Diesel
Have you found a place to move the bus to? And is it and to be driven reasonably now?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.