Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2016, 07:08 PM   #1

Hello - finally registered!

Hi all! Been sifting through this site as my wife and I dream of one day getting our Schoolie and finally decided to just register!

Right now we have a converted cargo trailer that we use for camping but with our twin 3.5 year olds and a dog, and the desire to take longer trips in the future, we are eyeing a chance to get a hold of a good school bus to convert. I'm definitely looking forward to all the knowledge and wisdom that all of you have gathered over the years! We are both pretty handy folks and plan to do a lot of the work ourselves but I know I'll have questions about rear gearing, engine/trans combinations to look for/stay away from and other things.

Also, we live just outside Denver, CO so if anyone is in the area would love to connect and use for local references.

Cheers everyone and happy camping!

hest_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
welcome to the show, hope you find your bus soon and start the conversion
gbstewart
Old 02-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #3

Thanks, me too! I'm excited to get started but my wife wants to wait a few more years as we just finished our cargo trailer last summer so she wants to get some use from that before any new projects. For the time being I'll be researching and compiling what I want to do!
hest_c is offline   Reply With Quote