Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2016, 02:48 AM   #1

Hello from Alaska

New to Skoolie, but looking forward to learning more from all these great topic posts. Hopefully getting our bus this June and start the process. Local school district is selling 110 buses due to timing out. Hoping to pick out a 77 passenger diesel with a forward engine with hood. Planning on raising the roof 20 inches and fabricating 3 slide outs (2 in the back bedroom and one in the living/kitchen area). I have a lot of ideas rattling around my head and can't wait to get started. Thanks for all the efforts everyone has made in posting ideas to this forum. I believe it will make my journey a lot easier.

alaskalars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:50 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9TA
Howdy Alaskan!

I graduated high school in Anchorage.

If you haven't found this thread already, you need to read it. It's pretty good, lots of pics.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/98...outs-9728.html
austin1989us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskalars View Post
New to Skoolie, but looking forward to learning more from all these great topic posts. Hopefully getting our bus this June and start the process. Local school district is selling 110 buses due to timing out. Hoping to pick out a 77 passenger diesel with a forward engine with hood. Planning on raising the roof 20 inches and fabricating 3 slide outs (2 in the back bedroom and one in the living/kitchen area). I have a lot of ideas rattling around my head and can't wait to get started. Thanks for all the efforts everyone has made in posting ideas to this forum. I believe it will make my journey a lot easier.
We are in Alaska too! We should get together for a coffee or something.
We have so many Ideas and barely know where to start except for tearing out seats and insulating everything.
We just bought ours from the Baptist church, real cheap running and all.
94 am Tran.
Genesis
Diesel.

Nice to see others from Alaska!
AlaskaSweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #4

Hello AlaskaSweden. We just got home from Anchorage with our new bus. We found a 2002 Thomas with a CAT 3126 with right at 200,000 on it for $1250. Bus is in beautiful shape, just wish the engine was a cummins instead of the CAT. An engine swap might be part of my conversion plan if I can find the right deal. What part of Alaska are you from. Getting together for coffee sounds like a plan. My email is alaskalars@gmail.com.
alaskalars is offline   Reply With Quote